| FTBL SEC Power Rankings after Week 3 - Share yours!

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
After 3 weeks of play, here's my updated SEC Power Rankings (sponsored by Mackinaw Peaches). As mentioned before, the formula on this is 66% how the teams have looked thus far, 33% the potential of the teams based on analytical projections powered by Texas Instruments TNS5100®, and 1% bias.

1. Texas
2. Tennessee
3. Georgia
4. Alabama
5, Ole Miss
6. Missouri
7. Oklahoma
8. LSU
9. Texas A&M
10. South Carolina
11. Kentucky
12. Arkansas
13. Auburn
14. Vanderbilt
15. Florida
16. Mississippi State

-Tennessee has played nobody thus far, and I include the annually overrated NC State Wolfpack in that category. But, their QB is good, really good. Their defense appears to be better... they've got some players. The game at OU this Saturday will answer some questions on both teams, but for now, I have them #2.

-UGA is still right there... history shows us that they are apt to stumble around on their first SEC road trip in recent years... history also tells us that they rebound from it pretty well.

-This Saturday's auburn v. Arkansas game should be pretty good. And by good, I mean entertaining in a bad way. This game could end up 48-45 or 16-13, and neither would shock me.

-Teams 7-11 to me, feel and look like that on any given weekend if things click, they can give anyone a challenge. On the other hand, if they play their C game, they'll get run by the top teams in the league.

-I had more stock in Florida than others... it was hard for me to reconcile with the fact that Napier had taken them into that steep of a nose dive, but it's clear now. They are sunk. They battle MSU this week to see who gets the basement... As bad as the Gators are, State actually looks worse, but they are at home.

-There is a some good parity within the SEC this year at about 3 different levels of overall potential (1-6, 7-11, 12-16)... if this keeps up, there's going to be some really good football games coming up this season (like we saw with LSU v. South Carolina on Saturday).

1. Texas Mich. is the only one with a winning record at 2-1.
2. Tennessee NCST is the only one at 2-1.
3. Georgia Clemson is at 1-1.
4. Alabama All the ones Bama has faces are 2-1.
5, Ole Miss No team that Miss has played has a winning record.

I got no problem with these! I would rank us higher had we not looked so rough for so long of a stretch against USF. Agree with Viles not playing anyone at all, but they do look improved.

Last edited:
SEC Power Rankings Week 3

1) Texas
2) Missouri
3) Georgia
4) Alabama
5) Tennessee
6) Ole Miss
7) Oklahoma
8) LSU
9) South Carolina
10) Texas A&M
11) Kentucky
12) Arkansas
13) Auburn
14) Florida
15) Vanderbilt
16) Mississippi State

Texas has the most quality win among all teams in my opinion with a win on the road vs Michigan. Missouri has another quality win against a top 25 team and a legitimately good team this gear in BC albeit at home.

Georgia and Alabama have been solid but haven't really played top 20 competition, we'll know more about both teams after Sept 28th.

Tennessee beat up NC State which I thought was a good game for the Vols but NC State looks to be a poser, so that means they've beaten everyone they played but honestly haven't played anyone worth mentioning. We will know more this week when they travel to Oklahoma.

I put Ole Miss kind of in the same wagon as Tennessee here, they've really not played anyone that we can gauge off of, they won't play any tough games until middle October we all knew their schedule was soft this year so it will be hard to tell if they're as good as a 77-3 score shows or if their defense and offense just hasn't been tested.

Oklahoma - We will see what they can do this week against Tennessee, that will be their measuring stick

LSU, South Carolina, TAMU, Kentucky, Arkansas - Kinda middle of the pack teams, might sneak a win here and there against a team but don't expect much from any of these teams this year but they are feisty so don't treat them lightly.

Auburn, Florida, Mississippi State - Dumpster Fires, only a matter of time before things start to implode in these programs again. Get ready to here about how everyone and their mother is going to Florida because it's such an amazing job to take this offseason. Lebby was a terrible hire and still is one, not sure what the bulldogs were thinking there. Freeze continues to show similar trajectory to Harsin, unable to win big games and even losing random bad games. I don't know that the people down there will continue to give him slack unless he wins a big one and soon. After this year they'll be all his players and everyone will have 0 excuses again

Vanderbilt - Ranked low on the power rankings similarly they've played almost nobody, losing to Georgia Southern doesn't look good, even if it was a last second play. They're on a path upwards though if they continue to recruit well and coach well, they could be rising next year.

As of this week, not too much movement, except at the bottom...

1) Texas
2) Georgia
3) Tennessee
4) Alabama
5) Ole Miss ( Lightest schedule in the SEC)
6) Missouri
7) Oklahoma
8) LSU
9) South Carolina (might be lots better than thought to be.)
10) Kentucky
11) Texas A&M (victory over UF doesn't move the needle much)
12) Auburn
13) Arkansas
14) Florida ( lost in the tall weeds)
15) Vanderbilt ( Georgia State... SMH)
16) Mississippi State ( really?, Toledo?!?)

The top. Regardless of how its arranged...are good...however

TN. Ole ms. Have played no bodies and feasted. But ok

The bottom..is hilarious.....Arkansas should have beaten Ok state. Let it get away.
AU is pathetic.... The previous coaching group screwed MSU and left zero talent.

But fot another week...

The top. Regardless of how its arranged...are good...however

TN. Ole ms. Have played no bodies and feasted. But ok

The bottom..is hilarious.....Arkansas should have beaten Ok state. Let it get away.
AU is pathetic.... The previous coaching group screwed MSU and left zero talent.

But fot another week...

The Vols and Rebels haven't had a tough opponent yet, but you can watch them and see that they are pretty stout, How high is the ceiling? Not sure, but the floors are not low on either. Also no coincidence that the top 6 teams all have excellent QB's.

The Vols and Rebels haven't had a tough opponent yet, but you can watch them and see that they are pretty stout, How high is the ceiling? Not sure, but the floors are not low on either. Also no coincidence that the top 6 teams all have excellent QB's.
I can't see anyone putting Utenn that high up! When you leading 28-35 points in the first quarter. Then you do an onside kick! I hope Tenn don't win another game!

Back
Top Bottom