| FTBL SEC Media Days Location

Should SEC Media Days be left in B'ham?

• Awarded to Atlanta.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awarded to other major city.

• Awarded annually according to SEC Champion.

• Total voters

252BAMA

AKA: ALA2262
Should SEC Media Days be left in B'ham, awarded to Atlanta or another major city, or be awarded annually to a major city in the state of the defending SEC Champion? For example, the event could have been held here in Orlando this year.

nice topic.

me and another guy was discussing this after he complained of the VERY HEAVY BAMA PRESENCE,
and and for the most part I feel each school could host each year, but that would put it on a 12 year rotation.

if the school is not in a BIG city, i.e. Tuscaloosa, Oxford, Starkville, than you have the option of putting in nearest major city.

but with B'ham being the SEC HQ., the only other place I seeing it go would be Atlanta

tidentrue12 said:
nice topic.

me and another guy was discussing this after he complained of the VERY HEAVY BAMA PRESENCE,
and and for the most part I feel each school could host each year, but that would put it on a 12 year rotation.

if the school is not in a BIG city, i.e. Tuscaloosa, Oxford, Starkville, than you have the option of putting in nearest major city.

but with B'ham being the SEC HQ., the only other place I seeing it go would be Atlanta

Well it is MEDIA Days, and if they want to take the fans out of it, then Atlanta is the place for it. But if they want to leave the fans in it, then I prefer my idea of awarding it according to the defending SEC Champion.

252BAMA said:
tidentrue12 said:
nice topic.

Well it is MEDIA Days, and if they want to take the fans out of it, then Atlanta is the place for it. But if they want to leave the fans in it, then I prefer my idea of awarding it according to the defending SEC Champion.

you said it yourself, it is MEDIA day, not FAN day.
thats what A-days are for

but how will putting it in atlanta make it less of a "fan day" and more of a media day?

putting it any sec state will undoubtedly draw fans from the school(s) in that state. putting it in atlanta will mean more georgia fans might attend; putting it in tennessee will mean more tennessee/vanderbilt fans might attend; etc., and so on.

this will no doubt sound biased, but i say leave it in birmingham. this is where the sec headquarters is.

Back
Top Bottom