| FTBL Scrimmage stats and Saban press conference from today...

I

imported_Porter

Sorry it took so long to get these up, my cable has been down for about 6 hours.

Saban Part 1
Saban Part 2
Saban Part 3
Saban Part 4

SCRIMMAGE STAT LEADERS

Passing
Wilson- 18-32, 225 yards (3 TD, 2 INT)
McElroy- 13-of-26, 91 yards

Rushing
Grant- 6-68 yards
Johns- 12-37 yards (1 TD)
Upchurch- 7-35 yards
Coffee- 11-33 yards

Receiving
Grant- 2-71 yards (1 TD)
Caddell- 4-49 yards (1 TD)
Alexander- 3-44 yards
Hall- 3-32 yards
Salaam- 2-29 yards
McCoy- 3-24 yards
McCall- 2-24 yards
Upchurch- 2-22 yards
Walker- 3-8 yards (1 TD)

Defense
Stamps- 9 tackles, 1 sack
Gilberry- 7 tackles, 4 TFL, 3 sacks
Mustin- 6 tackles
Castille- 5 tackles, 1 INT
Rogers- 5 tackles, 1 TFL
Greenwood- 5 tackles
Mitchell- 5 tackles
Saunders- 5 tackles, 1 TFL
Waldrop- 5 tackles, 1 PBU
McClain- 4 tackles, 1 TFL
Fanney- 4 tackles, 1 TFL
Hall- 4 tackles
Davis- 2 sacks
King- 1 tackle, 1 INT

Punting
Fitzgerald 8-313 yards (39.1 avg)

Field Goals
Tiffin- 5-7 (Made from 26, 49, 44, 37, 39; missed from 45, 57)

Scoring (non-FG)
Arenas- 30-yard INT return
Caddell- 11-yard pass from Wilson
Johns- 1-yard run
Walker- 1-yard pass from Wilson
McElroy- 4-yard run
Grant- 71-yard pass from Wilson

From reading on some other sites McElroy appears to have looked very good in today's scrimmage. His yardage totals are not that high but depending on the plays called I can see how that could fall in line. Even if he opted to dump it off much of the time that doesn't nessesarily mean anything other than the kid had enough sense to keep his offense out of a bad result.

There's been a contingent within the BAMA nation clamoring that Fanuzzi would be #2 by mid-season but I'm not quite so sure that will be the case.

Also, on a side note, Rolando McClain played much of the time at MLB with the starting defense and Hall played with the second team. I wouldn't read much into this, other than that maybe the defensive coaches are trying to get a good look at Rolando. having said that, he's had a pretty good summer so far. He'll be an asset to the team this season though I'm not sure he'll supplant Mustin or Prince. He'll be a valuable guy though in the end, especially given our depth issues.

Grant continues to impress. Also Gilberry seems to be going crazy off the edge. The D seems to be getting a number of turnovers too.

Porterhouse said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Is Tiffin pushing for the starting spot?

I would say that is probably fair to say. If nothing else, he might handle the longer attempts. Saban seems pretty happy with him.

Wheww!!! Finally able to log on. I was going threw withdrawals there :shock: . Anyway, I still think that Tiffin will be a great kicker. I know that everyone got a little jaded on him after the Arkansas game, but I still put that in the inexperience category. I remember watching him in pregame warmups last season and he was knocking them through from 50 yards without much effort.

Back
Top Bottom