| FTBL Scott Cochran back in Tuscaloosa, visiting Alabama facilites

I know the guy has been the brunt of some jokes over the years, but I'll always have a soft spot for Cochran. He was a cornerstone in the rebuilding of the Bama Machine under Saban, and sacrificed a lot to do it. Now, he's out there speaking up about his addiction issues, which I would assume isn't easy by any stretch... but he's doing it to try and help others which is very noble. He seems happy and content these days which at the very least, he deserves.

Yep, he was one of the few men directly responsible for getting the program bigger and stronger and implementing changes to the weight program and facilities as well. Always liked him, but did burn me a little he high tailed it out of here to be with Kirbs.

Yep, he was one of the few men directly responsible for getting the program bigger and stronger and implementing changes to the weight program and facilities as well. Always liked him, but did burn me a little he high tailed it out of here to be with Kirbs.
Let’s be fair. He wanted an on-field coaching role. CNS had nothing or had better candidates. So Cochran took a special teams coaching position with Kirby. Was it real? Was it made up to impact the Alabama program? Who knows. I didn’t see any high tailing.

Let’s be fair. He wanted an on-field coaching role. CNS had nothing or had better candidates. So Cochran took a special teams coaching position with Kirby. Was it real? Was it made up to impact the Alabama program? Who knows. I didn’t see any high tailing.

Him and Kirby both knew the impact it was intended to have with him leaving. Kirby also tried to capture lightening in a bottle with his experience at Alabama.

Which is part two of that story.

Cochran needed a change of scenery and a "fresh" start when he left... He was already addicted to oxy at that point, though he was trying to keep it hidden. He almost joined Kiffin's staff at Ole Miss but Saban kept that from happening, knowing it would likely make things worse for him. I'm not sure going to Athens was much better, but that's where he ended up. Things got worse and after he almost died, he went to rehab (again, in secret). He later fell back into it, and then opened up to some people and got better help and more importantly, support. I'm not saying anything that he hasn't talked about publicly at this point, which is why I feel comfortable doing so. In fact, it's all part of his message to others now...

Back
Top Bottom