| FTBL Saban's talk to the team (very upbeat)

G

http://www.al.com/sports/press-register/index.ssf?/base/sports/1191316942222490.xml&coll=3

OK, now I think I want to have Nick Saban's baby too. :wink: :D

Seriously he is repeating a few things that we heard earlier in the year....I think he wants us to listen. :)

From the article...Saban's message extended beyond his team. The goal is for players and fans to not grow discouraged or conjure up images of last season, which also started with three victories followed by two losses.

"We came here with the idea that we were building a program and that it would take time," he said. "It wouldn't happen in a day, a month, a week and it wouldn't happen in two or three games. That's been the case just about every experience that I've ever had.

I will obey, Coach, and be patient.

Two main points:

"We have good enough players here to play winning football," Saban said. "And when we don't do it, it's more of what we did than what the other team did."

AND......

"We came here with the idea that we were building a program and that it would take time," he said. "It wouldn't happen in a day, a month, a week and it wouldn't happen in two or three games. That's been the case just about every experience that I've ever had.

"But the expectations here, especially after winning three games, are, 'We're going to win the national championship.' Well, I don't know how realistic that is. All I know is we're not playing as good a football as I feel that we are capable of playing."

I believe Coach, I believe. And so do you.

Patience, my brethren. Patience.

The Tide will ROLL again.

I will still be patient even if we don't win another game. Coach Saban is the man for the job. I just hope we don't run him off by being impatient.

Roll Tide!

We are standing on the edge of a true change. We are on the cusp of making Alabama SOMETHING again.

Roll Tide!

This has been my fear since he was hired on. I was afraid of the radical fans who thought we would win a national championship in his first year.

People have to remember we are really just recovering from sanctions. Now we have a coach who can lead us back to where we rightfully belong, but it will take time and we have to be patient.

Thanks for the article Delta.

tidenumber1 said:
This has been my fear since he was hired on. I was afraid of the radical fans who thought we would win a national championship in his first year.

I have no idea why you would possibly think that would happen. :wink:

Actually, my greatest fear is the same one I have every year, regardless of who our coach is. It's exactly what's happening now. Monday morning quarterbacks tossing around ridiculous notions of benching starting players and firing assistant coaches.

It's the same crap that happens every year. When I watched the barners do it a few weeks ago, I thought "thank goodness it's them doing it and not us." I guess I gave a chunk of our fan base too much credit, 'cause here we are.

ghice said:
OK, now I think I want to have Nick Saban's baby too. Wink Very Happy

You've been lonely the past week haven't you BamaDelta? Thats what 4~5 guys this past week?

I'm j/k Delta juuuuusst kidddin'

Well, I started thinking. When was the last time we beat Auburn? 2001, the year my 3rd and last child was born. Then I remembered my daughter was born in '99 which was also a year in which we beat Auburn. Then I was almost amazed when I realized we beat Auburn in '96 as well...the year my 1st was born.

So, I figure it might be time to take one for the team. :lol:

BamaDelta said:
ghice said:

You've been lonely the past week haven't you BamaDelta? Thats what 4~5 guys this past week?

Well, I started thinking. When was the last time we beat Auburn? 2001, the year my 3rd and last child was born. Then I remembered my daughter was born in '99 which was also a year in which we beat Auburn. Then I was almost amazed when I realized we beat Auburn in '96 as well...the year my 1st was born.

:shock:

BamaDelta said:
ghice said:

Okay, you obviously need help to do this, and I will go ahead and offer my services. I do this only because I love Alabama football so much. :D :wink:

reger60 said:
Actually, my greatest fear is the same one I have every year, regardless of who our coach is. It's exactly what's happening now. Monday morning quarterbacks tossing around ridiculous notions of benching starting players and firing assistant coaches.

Preach on, brother!! ;w;w College fans are starting to act like fans of professional b-ball and football. There is absolutely no continuity in any pro football franchise, players or coaches. Just a revolving door.

That's the very reason I could care less for the pros.

Bamaman37 said:
BamaDelta said:
ghice said:

Okay, you obviously need help to do this, and I will go ahead and offer my services. I do this only because I love Alabama football so much. :D :wink:

LOL

Back
Top Bottom