| FTBL Saban's Final Word. Closing comment during his interview with the CTSN crew.

TerryP

Staff
A friend said the other day, "Georgia is going to try to make this a fist fight in a phone booth." It's a take I agree with; it's likely their only path to keep it close. But there's still that problem...Bama, because of Young, is still capable of scoring due to a better offense.

Saban phrases the game differently, though he looks at it like a fight as well.

“I want everybody to know if somebody on a school bus tells you we’re going to fight when you get off the bus, you’re not going to let them get the first punch. We’re going to fight Monday night and I hope that’s what our players are ready to do.”

Terry, I know the team is focused and ready to play tomorrow night. I'm curious to find out if the team is relaxed, but focused or are super laser focused and feel like they are well-prepared ? If you take the media out of the equation, it feels like the pressure is on Georgia, not Bama. One of the things I've got the vibe from the players and coaches is that they're confident, but they're not going to say it in press. They're not going to give Georgia any materials to use in locker room, where else Georgia has been giving out bulletin materials left and right all week long, and they're super confident... I just wondered if they are over confident and likely to make critical mistakes tomorrow night?

The vibe surrounding Georgia felt weird all week.

I've enjoyed listening to Pollack wind himself tighter by the word.

The governor named tomorrow "Hunker Down Day" in Georgia. He's a Georgia graduate. While I've stood by a lot of his agenda, him being a Bulldog and tipping to the faithful gets me pissed off. Think of the governor in the Dukes of Hazard remake.

Watch "Dukes of Hazzard(2005): Bo and Luke Pardoned for their Crimes against the State of Georgia" on YouTube

The governor named tomorrow "Hunker Down Day" in Georgia. He's a Georgia graduate. While I've stood by a lot of his agenda, him being a Bulldog and tipping to the faithful gets me pissed off. Think of the governor in the Dukes of Hazard remake.

Watch "Dukes of Hazzard(2005): Bo and Luke Pardoned for their Crimes against the State of Georgia" on YouTube

Well....I don’t know why it would bother you....
He is an alumni... ... i bet gov of Alabama will tip her hat toTide....

Loved the video...thanks...

You going togame?

Well....I don’t know why it would bother you....
He is an alumni... ... i bet gov of Alabama will tip her hat toTide....

Loved the video...thanks...

You going togame?

It just has me shaking my head how they will go through any means necessary to will them to a victory except their actual play on the field up to this point. As Terry stated, they are talking themselves as if they've won, they just gotta get there.

Not going this time. Git my tickets, but gave them to a friend. I didn't realize Indianapolis was that close though. Eight hours ain't bad, but the cold sucks. These fools gotta make sure they keep it in warm weather spots. Los Angeles and Houston are next. Think I heard you say you'd be at home?

I would absolutely be ashamed if a fellow Bama fan ever hoped for an opposing player’s injury. I’m sure we have some … all program’s do. Though, I’ve been a rabid Bama fan for 6+ decades and in all that time I’ve never personally known any of those types of fanatics … nor do I want to. The “we just need to hurt Williams”, “whatever it takes” and “Like the way you’re thinking” type of fans are the same kind of idiot(s) who poison trees and give a forever black eye to a program’s fan base.

A friend said the other day, "Georgia is going to try to make this a fist fight in a phone booth." It's a take I agree with; it's likely their only path to keep it close. But there's still that problem...Bama, because of Young, is still capable of scoring due to a better offense.

Saban phrases the game differently, though he looks at it like a fight as well.
If I were Smart this is exactly what I would do. His team is built to play a 60 minute slugfest. Bama has to get them out of that game by scoring and jumping out on them. If I were Smart I would run the ball and run some more until they had to start passing.

Interesting comment by Saban sounds like his strategy is to start fast and keep the peddle down.

It just has me shaking my head how they will go through any means necessary to will them to a victory except their actual play on the field up to this point. As Terry stated, they are talking themselves as if they've won, they just gotta get there.

Not going this time. Git my tickets, but gave them to a friend. I didn't realize Indianapolis was that close though. Eight hours ain't bad, but the cold sucks. These fools gotta make sure they keep it in warm weather spots. Los Angeles and Houston are next. Think I heard you say you'd be at home?
Yep. Gonna stay home. 8 games this year

Might do Houston if we get there. Or even LA. Tickets were pretty cheap for the San Francisco game. Just getting there

Roll Tide

Back
Top Bottom