| FTBL Saban's comments from moments ago (on Cody)...

TigerBait3 said:
TerryP said:

The question isn't about Chapman, in my book. It's about who fills his back-up role when he needs a breather.
Certainly an interesting scenario. Do you think it is possible we see Zo sliding inside periodically and guys like Davis or maybe even Dareus filling in a little bit?

We'll have a better idea on how they are addressing it in the next 24 hours.

Right now, the players that come to mind are Zo sliding in the middle on passing downs, Dareus and Davis filling getting more reps on the end along with Talbert and of course Gentry spelling Chapman as well.

The thing I wonder about the most is if we decide to pull the shirt on Damion Square. (fairly sure he hasn't played this season unless I've missed it)

It Takes Eleven said:
AFTide said:
Do we not have another Huge guy we can put at NT. Surely??

I'm not Shirley, but Chapman is a svelte 305.

airplane7.jpg

TerryP said:
TigerBait3 said:
TerryP said:

The question isn't about Chapman, in my book. It's about who fills his back-up role when he needs a breather.
Certainly an interesting scenario. Do you think it is possible we see Zo sliding inside periodically and guys like Davis or maybe even Dareus filling in a little bit?

We'll have a better idea on how they are addressing it in the next 24 hours.

Right now, the players that come to mind are Zo sliding in the middle on passing downs, Dareus and Davis filling getting more reps on the end along with Talbert and of course Gentry spelling Chapman as well.

The thing I wonder about the most is if we decide to pull the shirt on Damion Square. (fairly sure he hasn't played this season unless I've missed it)

I can see us using a 4 man front more frequently now...

I don't think you are going to see much of a difference from the defense because Cody's out. Terrence is not in there the whole time and the defense certainly stepped up in the second half when he was out(ie 4th down stop). Chapman is the strongest guy on the team according to coaches and players so I have faith he can fill Cody's shoes, no pun intended.

As far as Auburn goes, I don't think we will see much of Cody as long as Auburn sticks with the Spread and Sputter offense. They rarely use Cody in passing situations.

MDBtrumpet04 said:
I don't think you are going to see much of a difference from the defense because Cody's out. Terrence is not in there the whole time and the defense certainly stepped up in the second half when he was out(ie 4th down stop). Chapman is the strongest guy on the team according to coaches and players so I have faith he can fill Cody's shoes, no pun intended.

As far as Auburn goes, I don't think we will see much of Cody as long as Auburn sticks with the Spread and Sputter offense. They rarely use Cody in passing situations.

We've defended spread attacks this season using our nickel package and Cody has been a big part of that 3-man front.

Otherwise, while I don't see this hurting much against UT or Arkansas State, it would sure be nice to have him for our trip to Baton Rouge.

TerryP said:
MDBtrumpet04 said:

We've defended spread attacks this season using our nickel package and Cody has been a big part of that 3-man front.

Otherwise, while I don't see this hurting much against UT or Arkansas State, it would sure be nice to have him for our trip to Baton Rouge.

agreed.

bamadezz said:
That is great news, I certainly hope he'll be back in time for the LSwho game.

auburn will just chop him and put him right back on the cart. Rolling Eyes

I also wondered something like that as well! We all know they're desperate over there. :?
I honestly think that if AU did something like that to any of our players (and it was obvious) you might see something Woody Hayes like from a member of the coaching staff. I hate cheap shots meant to maim or not. I do not know how I would handle that if it happened to my kid.

Porter said:
MDBtrumpet04 said:
Porter said:
BigAl said:
When did they do Codys mri?

Yesterday supposedly.

To my knowledge they said they were going to hold off until this morning due to all the swelling he had.

Maybe. A reporter asked Saban today when the MRI was and he said something like... "Yesterday I think? Why does it even matter when it was?". :lol:

Man I love that guy.

-No homo-

Porter said:
MDBtrumpet04 said:
Porter said:
BigAl said:
When did they do Codys mri?

Yesterday supposedly.

To my knowledge they said they were going to hold off until this morning due to all the swelling he had.

Maybe. A reporter asked Saban today when the MRI was and he said something like... "Yesterday I think? Why does it even matter when it was?". :lol:

Spoken like a genius.

Back
Top Bottom