| FTBL Saban: Wilson is best chance to win...

I like what Saban had to say!!! I hope his confidence in JPW is warranted. I believe he will play a lot smarter and with more poise, like a Senior should.

I also look for Sharrief to step it up big time and play significant minutes from the safety and maybe Star or Money position.

JPW has the ability to do it. Hopefully coach Mac can have as big of an impact on Wilson as he did Brandstatler(sp?)
If JPW has a stellar year,and yes it can happen,give coach Mac the keys to the city. :D

kudzu said:
JPW has the ability to do it. Hopefully coach Mac can have as big of an impact on Wilson as he did Brandstatler(sp?)
If JPW has a stellar year,and yes it can happen,give coach Mac the keys to the city. :D

Agreed. After all, Saban doesn't need keys...he just looks at a lock and...

Flashback to the Friends episode, Joey, looking at a bra...

So how many games should we give JP to show his stuff? For discussion, pretend he starts out (fingers crossed it doesnt) like finished off last season. Do you give 2,3,4 games, half a season or..?

GS

I Think the competition at QB will help JP. He hasn't had to worry about his position before this year, now he has Mcelroy, Fanuzzi, Star, and Applegate all trying to take his position. Before all he had to worry about was Guillion :lol:

ua2K10 said:
I Think the competition at QB will help JP. He hasn't had to worry about his position before this year, now he has Mcelroy, Fanuzzi, Star, and Applegate all trying to take his position. Before all he had to worry about was Guillion :lol:

???

ua2K10 said:
JP doesn't have any competition. He will be the starting QB this season all season long, for better or worse. Saban has said so himself. As JP goes, the season goes.

BamaJay73 said:
ua2K10 said:
JP doesn't have any competition. He will be the starting QB this season all season long, for better or worse. Saban has said so himself. As JP goes, the season goes.

I'll have to see that to believe given mid-season JP's numbers arent acceptable. He definetly has competition IMHO, this is just the sly Saban way of putting the world or the do or die pressure on his veteran qbs shoulders. Its a smart tactic, IMO!

GS

bamanaf said:
BamaJay73 said:
ua2K10 said:

I'll have to see that to believe given mid-season JP's numbers arent acceptable. He definetly has competition IMHO, this is just the sly Saban way of putting the world or the do or die pressure on his veteran qbs shoulders. Its a smart tactic, IMO!

GS
Well, did he take him out any last season? No. Why would he do it this season??? JP is an experienced senior. I guess you will be one of the fans screaming for JP's head when he has a bad game wondering why Saban won't put in another QB with no experience. :roll:

Why would he do it this season???

As more time passes CNS is going to have more & more pressure on him to put W's on the board. If you cant see that then your living in a cave. I'm not the type to call for players heads, I leave that for extremist but I would hope by mid season that JPW has improved immensely from the middle to end of last season. Only time will tell.

GS

I really think JPW is gonna thrive under new Mac offense, because the type of offense we run under Applewhite asked him to do something for which JPW wasn't prepared physically as well as mentally. He's got a ton of experience and he showed the guts to carry an offense. I think we have to be as confidence as coach Saban has shown in front of the media these last months.

RTR,

It's more a question of, will our OL be better this year? JPW, with a good OL, had all the confidence in the world and could do it all. Along with that, a good OL can help us establish the run game we desperately need to balance out the offense and take the pressure of JPW.

JPW IS.....IS our BEST option... that is obvious to all of us... does not mean he will be our ONLY option.

McElroy will be a good QB IF... IF given the chance. I don't think he will unless JPW gets seriously injured early in the season..

i get the feeling that there will be a push to get the younger guys ready sooner than later including at the QB position.

the OL will be fine provided that they don't turn humanitarian again and provide books for friends.

Bamasball said:
JPW IS.....IS our BEST option... that is obvious to all of us... does not mean he will be our ONLY option.

McElroy will be a good QB IF... IF given the chance. I don't think he will unless JPW gets seriously injured early in the season..

i get the feeling that there will be a push to get the younger guys ready sooner than later including at the QB position.

the OL will be fine provided that they don't turn humanitarian again and provide books for friends.

I agree all the way man.

TerryP said:
ua2K10 said:

???
Ross Applegate. Transfer from Boston College.

Bamasball said:

I agree. It's funny you should say that cause JPW's best game last year was against TENN.....the first game after the suspension of a couple of good OL men.
If JP can play like he did against TENN with the improved OL coming in this year, I have NO worries at all about how he'll perform.

Back
Top Bottom