| FTBL Saban or no Saban?

Is Saban Headed to Bama?

• Total voters
I am voting Yes.

I honestly believe hes finally the guy.

If Mal wasted this much time...he needs to be fired.

That's all I need to say. :roll:

I say yes. He may not stay more than 5 years, but I would love to have him here. BUT I am not holding my breath. I am playing golf tomorrow so I can't be near a TV until late in the evening.

Yes. I am going all in on this one.....cause if he doesn't........"Houston, we have a problem."

Something tells me if he comes he might find himself loving Alabama Football as much as we do. It's pure! Nowhere else like it period. a$#

I have to vote no. I dont think he understands what it means to bleed crimson. But i do think hes our last shot at a big name coach. The way i see this if we do hire him the media will say we sold our souls to get him and if we dont sign him the media will say nobody wants this job anyway. But i hope im wrong. I think we're in a situation where we cant win no matter what happens. But then again if Saban thinks hes gonna win a SB with the dolphins hes got another think coming. It aint gonna happen and the reason is Wayne Hyzinga.

But i have just more thing to say. Saban thinks he took LSU to the mountain top, he aint seen a mountain top til he goes there with the Crimson Tide.

He's a comming

When he said in his last press conference that when he had more to say he would, means he is going to have more to say. He just has to announce it.

One thing I haven’t mentioned before now, that I will at this time, is a piece I saw in the NFL preseason. Now part of this is speculation on my part, but, I was watching a segment on Saban back in August and they were interviewing him from his vacation home at West Palm Beach. He was talking about how much he liked to go there and relax but how being a NFL coach did not give him as much time to go there, as he would like and how he had a lot more free time when he was coaching at LSU.

This reminded me of the rumors back when Spurrier left Washington. A lot of folks were talking about how coaching Florida was a 40 hour a week job for Spurrier and how he had plenty of free time for golf when he was in Gainesville, but not so much once he got to DC. I was thinking while I was watching that story how I would not be surprised to see Saban head back to college ball. Due to the limits the NCAA puts on practice time and recruiting, a college coach does have more free time for family and to enjoy the millions of dollars they make.

Today, while listening to Saban’s press conference, I started to think about all this again. He starts by telling the reports what a long and tiring day it had been. Then he goes on that little rant toward the end about how he got home at 1 a.m. last night and was back in early this morning to talk with some of his players. So if you ask me, if you want a reason why Saban would come to Bama, there it is. Some guys can be a successful College Head Coach by having it be a 40 hour a week job, but that’s just not possible in the NFL. So if Bama is going to pay him the same money to work 40 hours a week as opposed to the 72 he puts in every week for the Dolphins, why not?

I’m not saying he isn’t worth the money. He’s better at getting the most out of the 5 weeks of spring practice and the 5 or 6 weeks of summer practice than other coaches and that makes him worth every penny, if you ask me. The bottom line is what good is $4 million per year if you can’t enjoy it? At Miami, he isn’t getting to enjoy his millions. At Tuscaloosa, he would enjoy every penny of it.

BigAl said:
I have to vote no. I dont think he understands what it means to bleed crimson. But i do think hes our last shot at a big name coach. The way i see this if we do hire him the media will say we sold our souls to get him and if we dont sign him the media will say nobody wants this job anyway. But i hope im wrong. I think we're in a situation where we cant win no matter what happens. But then again if Saban thinks hes gonna win a SB with the dolphins hes got another think coming. It aint gonna happen and the reason is Wayne Hyzinga.

But i have just more thing to say. Saban thinks he took LSU to the mountain top, he aint seen a mountain top til he goes there with the Crimson Tide.

You mean all we have to do is sell our soul? I am going to get my for sale sign right now!!!!

RollTideRandy said:
One thing I haven’t mentioned before now, that I will at this time, is a piece I saw in the NFL preseason. Now part of this is speculation on my part, but, I was watching a segment on Saban back in August and they were interviewing him from his vacation home at West Palm Beach. He was talking about how much he liked to go there and relax but how being a NFL coach did not give him as much time to go there, as he would like and how he had a lot more free time when he was coaching at LSU.

This reminded me of the rumors back when Spurrier left Washington. A lot of folks were talking about how coaching Florida was a 40 hour a week job for Spurrier and how he had plenty of free time for golf when he was in Gainesville, but not so much once he got to DC. I was thinking while I was watching that story how I would not be surprised to see Saban head back to college ball. Due to the limits the NCAA puts on practice time and recruiting, a college coach does have more free time for family and to enjoy the millions of dollars they make.

Today, while listening to Saban’s press conference, I started to think about all this again. He starts by telling the reports what a long and tiring day it had been. Then he goes on that little rant toward the end about how he got home at 1 a.m. last night and was back in early this morning to talk with some of his players. So if you ask me, if you want a reason why Saban would come to Bama, there it is. Some guys can be a successful College Head Coach by having it be a 40 hour a week job, but that’s just not possible in the NFL. So if Bama is going to pay him the same money to work 40 hours a week as opposed to the 72 he puts in every week for the Dolphins, why not?

I’m not saying he isn’t worth the money. He’s better at getting the most out of the 5 weeks of spring practice and the 5 or 6 weeks of summer practice than other coaches and that makes him worth every penny, if you ask me. The bottom line is what good is $4 million per year if you can’t enjoy it? At Miami, he isn’t getting to enjoy his millions. At Tuscaloosa, he would enjoy every penny of it.
Great outlook RTR. That surely makes sense.

I'm going to say yes. Only because of the pie thrown in Bama's face w/RR!
I really didn't see Bama throwing themselves out in front of the public eye and looking like total jack@$$es the first time. I really hope that MM and BOT's have better sense this go around!!! But i hope like the dickens this pans out for Bama!! Roll Tide Roll~ :?

I too like your assessment RTR. I'm sure with the millions that Saban rakes in that he has tons of vacation spots, but I thought his main one or "favorite" was his lake home in Georgia? I saw a blurb on him earlier in the year and that is where he was. Riding his boat around the lake.

Back
Top Bottom