| FTBL Saban Interview

GoodScotch

Verified Member
Sorry if already posted.
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=260634

So your time is sacred?

SABAN: I try to protect the time I think you need to spend on coaching your players, developing your players and recruiting to have a chance to be successful. The people at LSU had a tremendous amount of respect for: That guy's the coach and that's what we want. They didn't care about you playing golf outings in Louisiana. I only played in two the whole time I was there. I've already played in six here and turned down 50 others, and no one seemed to get it. Well, how can I go recruit and do the things I need to do when you have me doing all of this stuff?

I thought that was interesting. Just leave the man alone.

I agree leave the man alone if he wants to play golf he will but he don't need to be pressured into it. I'm sure he knows how to set them straight when the time comes.

GoodScotch said:
Sorry if already posted.
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=260634

So your time is sacred?

SABAN: I try to protect the time I think you need to spend on coaching your players, developing your players and recruiting to have a chance to be successful. The people at LSU had a tremendous amount of respect for: That guy's the coach and that's what we want. They didn't care about you playing golf outings in Louisiana. I only played in two the whole time I was there. I've already played in six here and turned down 50 others, and no one seemed to get it. Well, how can I go recruit and do the things I need to do when you have me doing all of this stuff?

I thought that was interesting. Just leave the man alone.

On the other hand, his contract is for 15 of these type appearances per year. Everyone would want him to show up, especially the charity events.

Are the calls bothering him? I doubt he takes the calls in the first place.

This article was alot more revealing than the paragraph this LSU fan posted. Why did you you just post that one paragraph out of ALL the paragraphs in that article. I think just to take something out of context and to make Coach Saban appear fed up with his golfing requirements at Alabama.

It is clear that the paragraph copied for display by the OP would have us believe Saban was happier in LSU. Thank goodness Alabama fans can read.

As far as leaving the man alone....I agree. Why would you want us to leave him alone? So we could win more? Be honest.

Well if Coach Saban signed a contract, he's obligated to do all of those things. However, at the same time I would want him to do what he wants. Hell, IMO he deserves it. :lol:

Tider 27 said:
Well if Coach Saban signed a contract, he's obligated to do all of those things. However, at the same time I would want him to do what he wants. Hell, IMO he deserves it. :lol:

He'll do the ones in his contract, it is all the other numerous requests that he gets that he has no inclination to do. Like he says, he is here to build a winning football team, not run around and play golf. He will still do several charity tournaments every year, but we are talking about a guy who turned down a dinner with the POTUS (during a training camp) once and a chance to golf at Augusta National on another occasion (during spring practice). That pretty much tells you where his priorities and focus are.

Porterhouse said:
Tider 27 said:

He'll do the ones in his contract, it is all the other numerous requests that he gets that he has no inclination to do. Like he says, he is here to build a winning football team, not run around and play golf. He will still do several charity tournaments every year, but we are talking about a guy who turned down a dinner with the POTUS (during a training camp) once and a chance to golf at Augusta National on another occasion (during spring practice). That pretty much tells you where his priorities and focus are.

Amen, I just don't want him pissed off. Would like for him to enjoy it here and stay longer than usual. :D

Back
Top Bottom