| FTBL Saban discusses first scrimage...

• Thread starter imported_Porter
  • Start date
I'm a little concerned with CNS's decision making after that clip! Dasani water! Are you serious, coach? :shock: It is literally purified tap water from the city of Baltimore. Spring water people, that is where the nutrients are! :D

I agree someone should tell him that purfied, distilled, or reverse osmosis water will leech your body of its nutrients. Spring water is the only water that has the nutrients in them that does not rob your body of them. It won't hurt you in normal moderation but, if you drink say 1-2 gallons of it a day you will feel run down and weak.

Chuck-E-Cheeze said:
I'm a little concerned with CNS's decision making after that clip! Dasani water! Are you serious, coach? :shock: It is literally purified tap water from the city of Baltimore. Spring water people, that is where the nutrients are! :D

Dasani/Coca-Cola has a nice slogan

"We pay you $$$, so drink it!"

StepL, suffering from his continual "man crush" on Star, has to get in a question about the #2 QB. :lol:

JK Step...I thought it was a good question and timely as well.

Did you guys notice Saban going off at the first of the presser about the staff making up numbers after the scrimmage and during the scrimmage to make the stats look like they did?

It didn't dawn on me until I was talking with Step this morning and he reminded me about Gentry Estes making the statement last spring about "how can the media believe that is what happened in the scrimmage because they didn't get to see it?"

That was directed at Estes. And, he felt the full brunt of that statement according to those at the presser talking about how he looked when he walked out of the room.

Another thing Step and I talked about this morning is how the media is slowly, but surely, beginning to change their tune. I've noticed on a few of Ian's reports as of late that he's starting to take a bit of a different stance. He actually has a good article up this morning on Scott Cochran.

During the press conference Saban said "You have to make a decision to invest your time in certain guys who may be able to develop and make you a better team over time,... And I think some of those decisions are going to have to be made early in this camp so that we choose who we can invest our time in."

I was wondering which Junior/Seniors that would be on the 2nd team that might lose that place to a freshman so the coaches can have time to develop him for future. This is interesting comment. Does it mean that we take a win/loss hit this year to be better next year?
I believe in "the Process". I don't mind a another year rebuilding if that gets Bama to the top quicker. What ya think?

I am in total agreement with sitting a guy who may have more experience in favor of a guy who is more coachable or who will contribute more down the road. Of course, when the inexperienced but talented player makes a key mistake, everyone will yell and scream and say "why isn't the senior playing in that situation?".

This is still a process, and that's not just coach-speak or excuses. People, we've been in some close games over the last few years with teams who've won national titles. But in the end, the gap was pretty wide with regard to team strength overall, from top down of the roster. It's a shame that the program has to come from so far to get back to prominance, but I think Bama fans are also changing, and becoming more patient with a proven leader and winner. I for one will give Nick Saban all the time in the world before calling for his head, as long as we see continual progress, and we will.

NTT said:
I agree someone should tell him that purfied, distilled, or reverse osmosis water will leech your body of its nutrients. Spring water is the only water that has the nutrients in them that does not rob your body of them. It won't hurt you in normal moderation but, if you drink say 1-2 gallons of it a day you will feel run down and weak.

Nick Saban does not need nutrients....nutrients need Nick Saban.

Back
Top Bottom