| FTBL Saban and Bryant

Swamptick

Verified Member
I don't think this has been posted yet. Some of it is a little lame, but it is still pretty fun to read.

· Both coaches coached at 3 universities before coming to Alabama.
· Both coaches coached 1 year at their first coaching job.
· Both coaches came to the University of Alabama with 91 wins.
· Both coaches won their 100th game in their 2nd season at Alabama.
· The 100th win was against Tulane for both coaches.
· Even more interesting is the total points in the game against Tulane…you guessed it, the same (26) for Bryant 19-7, Saban 20-6.
· Both coaches struggled with going to the pros and Bryant changed his mind, Saban did not but it was the same team, (Miami Dolphins) and it led to both getting back to Alabama.
· ALABAMA was the second stop in the SEC for both of them and will most likely be where they both retire.
· Plus, "AN" are the 4th and 5th letters of both of their last names!

rammerjammer said:
Some people have too much time on their hands...

Reminds me of the email that floated around about former presidents Kennedy and Lincoln

Yeah. That was forwarded to me. Like I said, most of it is meaningless but it's Wednesday and it is a yummy little morsel of useless trivia. And sports is LOADED with useless trivia. :D

rammerjammer said:

Reminds me of the email that floated around about former presidents Kennedy and Lincoln

LOL, good point, so I'll add one... Coach Bryant loved eating corn dogs and Coach Saban coached them.

Porter said:
rammerjammer said:

LOL, good point, so I'll add one... Coach Bryant loved eating corn dogs and Coach Saban coached them.

love it. just love it.

Back
Top Bottom