| FTBL Saban and Bama---A Messy Divorce?

Proud Tiger said:
I post this only to show that it's not just Aubies who say/write this kind of stuff.

I think we all know that, it’s just that “certain” Aubies are the only ones who come here, post a story like that, then claim they are “shocked” to “FINALLY” read something negative about Saban and/or Bama. (Not you, I think everyone knows who I’m referring to. :wink: ) That's what ruffles my feathers. :roll:

Living in South Carolina, I don't know what I would do without perspectives from the Nashville City Paper. Gosh, I'd be lost, wouldn't I? :roll:

Money talks...never mind the pay cut from Miami.

No buy out...never mind the fact he didn't have one at Mich. St., LSU or Miami.

Richest contract in history...never mind the other coaches making the same amount of money this year...never mind that ND's contract with Weiss for the same $ amount.

What I wouldn't give to go back 25+ years when one could at least find a journalist that had a little integrity.

Enough of the sarcasm...

What strikes me as funny is the comment the move was made in self-interest.

When I've left one job for another, it was about myself. When I've hired people it was self-interest there also. What does the guy expect?

FYI. The City Paper is a free rag in Nashville that you pick up at gas stations and barbeque joints. Plus, there's not much going on at Vandy that people care to read about.

By: WayneJ on 7/6/07
You're kidding, right? The guy hasn't even coached a game yet and you're talking about the severance package when he leaves. I thought 'Bama went through that already with Mike Price.

Wolfy's right, it must be a slow news period. Instead of doing this effortless journalism, why don't you go visit the American operations of Honda, BMW, and Nissan and do some research as to when they plan to join Toyota in Nextel Cup? Face it, you have more NASCAR fans reading your e-rag than you have 'Bama fans reading it.

:lol: :lol:
Well said I thought

Seems that's what my LSU friends are concerned about...that we're gonna get our heart broken. They all say Saban will be gone in five years. If so, so be it. If the man leaves our program in as good a shape as he left LSU's, I'll thank him and wish him well. That said, I hope he retires here.

CrimsonPirate said:
Seems that's what my LSU friends are concerned about...that we're gonna get our heart broken. They all say Saban will be gone in five years. If so, so be it. If the man leaves our program in as good a shape as he left LSU's, I'll thank him and wish him well. That said, I hope he retires here.

I thought the same thing PC. Could it be possible that after he has several good seasons,gets the program back in the national title hunt,and fullfills his contract that he may retire and leave Bama in good shape and on good terms?
YES, it is a possiblity.
So many people want us to fail that it really is sad for them.

Back
Top Bottom