| FTBL RTB.com vs Tuscaloosa News recruit rankings...

TerryP

Staff
You guys probably remember when Argo, Porter and I put together our list of Top 10 players in state for the '09 class a few weeks ago.

We ended up with

1. Dre Kirkpatrick
  2. Nico Johnson
  3. Kendall Kelly
  4. Tana Patrick
  5. DJ Fluker
  6. AJ McCarron
  7. William Ming
  8. Quinton Dial
  9. Jamar Travis
  10. Brandon Moore, Gerald West and Tim Simon tied.

I was curious to see how we would stack up when the sports writers and other sites started putting their list together. The Tuscaloosa News put out their top 10 today.

They are as follows.

1. Dre Kirkpatrick
  2. Kendall Kelly
  3. Nico Johnson
  4. Tana Patrick
  5. AJ McCarron
  6. William Ming
  7. DJ Fluker
  8. Brandon Moore
  9. Terrance Coleman
  10. Anthony Orr.

They have Dial at 11, Jamar Travis at 12, Gerald West at 13 and Tim Simon at 18.

Coleman is an Auburn commitment. Jamar is probably an Auburn lean. The rest of these guys look to be headed to Bama.

Soon, Scout and Rivals will have their list out...I'll bump the thread back up when those lists come out.

No offense to the ''other guys'' but I hold the opinions of you guys here over anyone else’s.
Maybe the other guys will get it right one day. :D

I wonder if they checked yours before they decided on theirs? :lol:

I'm actually quite shocked that they put Kendall Kelly at #2. I'm thinking Terry had Kelly at #2 also.

The first seven was dead on with ours. I don't think Coleman should be rated that high. I think it should go without saying that the Tuscaloosa News put him that high to keep from looking like complete homers. Anthony Orr is a bit high as well, but everyone has their opinion I guess. Heck, I'm the one that had Tim Simon in the top 10.

Argo said:
I'm actually quite shocked that they put Kendall Kelly at #2. I'm thinking Terry had Kelly at #2 also.

The first seven was dead on with ours. I don't think Coleman should be rated that high. I think it should go without saying that the Tuscaloosa News put him that high to keep from looking like complete homers. Anthony Orr is a bit high as well, but everyone has their opinion I guess. Heck, I'm the one that had Tim Simon in the top 10.

You, I and Porter had Kelly at #3. There were two that we all agreed on. Kelly at #3 and Tana at #4.

We ended up with

1. Dre Kirkpatrick
2. Nico Johnson
3. Kendall Kelly
4. Tana Patrick
5. DJ Fluker
6. AJ McCarron
7. William Ming
8. Quinton Dial
9. Jamar Travis

Rivals has...

1. Dre Kirkpatrick
  2. Nico Johnson
  3. DJ Fluker
  4. Tana Patrick
  5. Kendall Kelly
  6. AJ McCarron
  7. William Ming
  8. Jamar Travis
  9. Jamontay Pilson
  10. Brandon Moore

Bama Bo said:
Is this Anthony Orr any relation to Rodney Orr?

Only if Rodney is following in Thomas Jefferson's footsteps.

ANTHONYORR7N08150.JPG

The Mobile Press Register released their Top 30 today. Here is how their top 10 matched up with ours...

RollTideBama.com Top 10
1. Dre Kirkpatrick
2. Nico Johnson
3. Kendall Kelly
4. Tana Patrick
5. DJ Fluker
6. AJ McCarron
7. William Ming
8. Quinton Dial
9. Jamar Travis

Mobile Press Register Top 10
1. Dre Kirkpatrick
2. Nico Johnson
3. DJ Fluker
4. Tana Patrick
5. AJ McCarron
6. Kendall Kelly
7. William Ming
8. Jamar Travis
9. Brandon Moore
10. Terrance Coleman

Here is their complete list...
http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/index.ssf?/base/sports/1216026928233500.xml&coll=3

Back
Top Bottom