| FTBL Ron Middleton

rammajamma

Verified Member
Ok since the season draws closer, I thought that it might be kind of cool to analyze the coaching staff. I mean, lets face it, Saban kind of overshadows anyone else. That being said, I think we have a very good, proven staff. I think it may be fun for us to take the time to learn a little bit more about these guys. Yall may do more research than I do, and trust me, I call Rolltiderandy a lot and ask questions. So I decided to start a thread on this coach and see what you all knew about him.

The reason the I chose coach Middleton was that fact that he played for Auburn. I can not recall ever having a Auburn player on our coaching staff before. Thats not to say that I am disappointed to have him as a coach. Not in the least but it got me thinking. Could I do it? If fate had smiled upon me and I had been able to play for my beloved Crimson Tide, and then got lucky enough again (I guess this is lucky) to become a coach. Then one day it happened that Ears gives me a ring a ding and wants to know if I would come there and be his Special Teams coach. Could I do it? Would I do it? I don't know.....

But from what I read on his bio on RollTide.com, this dude is freaking smart too, check this out

Middleton graduated from Auburn University in 1985 with a degree in Pre-Law/History and received his Master’s of Education degree in sports and fitness management from Troy State in 1998. While at Auburn, Middleton was named to the Dean’s Academic Honor Roll several times and was voted the Tigers’ Offensive Most Valuable Player in 1984 and 1985.

Wow! Anyone would be lucky to have Coach Middleton on their team. Whether it was football or a fortune 500 company! And he played on the 1985 team, the year of The Kick, the year that Mike Shula was our quarterback.

So what else do yall know about him? I tried going and looking at his stats but there is only so much I can stand when it comes to looking at Auburn message boards. How has he done as a coach so far?

Whatever the answers are all I can say is welcome to Tuscaloosa coach Middleton and Roll Tide!

Having Middleton at BAMA is a steal. Gruden did not want to give him up, and under normal circumstance, he would not have (in terms of releasing him from his contract). A big reason Middleton was interested in the position at BAMA, and the reason he got Gruden's blessing to take it, was that his wife was/is seeking medical attention in Birmingham, so it was literally a decision based on family. Like I said though, and like you alluded to, Middleton knows football, he is smart, a hard worker, respected by his peers and players, and was an awesome addition to this staff. Former Auburn player or not, he is wearing Crimson now, and he is working his ass off. I hope he enjoys living and coaching here, and I hope he stays for a LONG time. Obviously, I hope his wife is doing well also.

Porterhouse said:
Having Middleton at BAMA is a steal. Gruden did not want to give him up, and under normal circumstance, he would not have (in terms of releasing him from his contract). A big reason Middleton was interested in the position at BAMA, and the reason he got Gruden's blessing to take it, was that his wife was/is seeking medical attention in Birmingham, so it was literally a decision based on family. Like I said though, and like you alluded to, Middleton knows football, he is smart, a hard worker, respected by his peers and players, and was an awesome addition to this staff. Former Auburn player or not, he is wearing Crimson now, and he is working his ass off. I hope he enjoys living and coaching here, and I hope he stays for a LONG time. Obviously, I hope his wife is doing well also.

Thanks for that Porter, didn't know much about this guy.

Back
Top Bottom