| FTBL RollTideWire ranks the schedule from easiest to hardest. Utah State a tougher opponent than Auburn

Alabama football fell just short of a national championship last season and even suffered a rare regular-season loss. Looking ahead to the upcoming 2022 season, the Crimson Tide returns plenty of key talent on both sides of the ball and will be welcoming some of the top transfers from all across college football.

The 2022 season will feature the typical SEC West rivals like Auburn, LSU, Arkansas and others. This year’s SEC East opponent will be the Vanderbilt Commodores, who will be visiting Bryant Denny Stadium in late September.

The Crimson Tide will be making the trip to Austin for the second game of the season to face the Texas Longhorns, a game that will be filled with high-powered offense and numerous storylines to follow.

With 12 games in the regular season ranging from possible conference title contenders to teams that are barely bowl eligible, here’s how Alabama’s 2022 opponents rank from easiest to hardest.

12. Vanderbilt​

2021 Record: 2-10

11. UL-Monroe​

2021 Record: 4-8

10. Austin Peay​

2021 Record: 6-5

9. Auburn​

2021 Record: 6-7

8. Utah State​

2021 Record: 11-3

7. Tennessee​

2021 Record: 7-6

6. LSU​

2021 Record: 6-7

5. Mississippi State​

2021 Record: 7-6

4. Ole Miss​

2021 Record: 10-3

3. Arkansas​

2021 Record: 9-4

2. Texas​

2021 Record: 5-7

1. Texas A&M​

2021 Record: 8-4

UA, 11½ for over/under on win totals. Which way would you lean?

Bama and Clemson are the only two getting that line (BetMGM) this season. I'm taking the under on Clemson via proxy next week.
I am going under on the Bama win total. Ten Bears taking the over and Lone Watie is still looking thru the rock candy

Lone Watie: All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through.

Bama and Clemson are the only two getting that line (BetMGM) this season. I'm taking the under on Clemson via proxy next week.
11 1/2 is tough.....
@tennessee
@lsu
@mississippi
@texas
@arkansas

While none are imposing....in 15 years nicks only had 2 undefeated teams...and
road games can be tricky

I have to go under

Here's what Fiutak says, and I agree:

10. Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State

Win Total 10.5 or 11 or 11.5
ATS PICK It depends

The “it depends” call isn’t a cop-out. It really does depend on where you’re finding the win total for the four powerhouses coming into 2022, because if you’re getting Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, and/or Ohio State at 10.5 on Draft Kings, over is a solid call. If you’re getting those four – or any of them – at 11 elsewhere, you go under.

And if you get any of the four at 11.5, for the love of all things holy and true … UNDER, UNDER, UNDER. If a team goes 12-0 and you lose the under on 11.5, you tip your cap and move on.

Back
Top Bottom