| CURRENT EVENTS Rogan

@TerryP I agree with Rogan on one thing

Wasn’t sure where to put this, but wanted to tell you I watched a video earlier of Joe Rogan talking to a conservative podcast dude (can’t remember his name) and the dude asked Rogan who his greatest President was and Rogan answered “To me? It’s Obama. He was the best statesman we’ve ever had, the best speaker, he was an example in my opinion of somebody better than us running this country, he was a shining example of the best of us”. He then said “he’s the best President of my lifetime”.

Anyway, I can no longer say I don‘t agree with him on anything

FWIW, @ElephantStomp I've listened to this episode already. But, listening again reminds me of a great point made.

There is a HUGE difference between a

'90's liberal.
'23 liberal
Liberal and Woke.

If you have the time listen to how these guys...really good conversation. The majority of Rogan's shows are just that; really good conversations.

FWIW, @ElephantStomp I've listened to this episode already. But, listening again reminds me of a great point made.

There is a HUGE difference between a

'90's liberal.
'23 liberal
Liberal and Woke.

If you have the time listen to how these guys...really good conversation. The majority of Rogan's shows are just that; really good conversations.
Only thing I’ll push back on is the stupid woke thing. That’s a name repubs came up with.

You are right there is a huge difference- 90s libs were soft towards repubs and they were willing to compromise where as today’s liberals are not

And the right grabbed onto it and use it as a derogatory thing. My bad on thinking the right came up with it
Actually, prior to "the right grabbing onto it" it was appropriated by the LGBTQ... community. That adoption of the term made it much easier to simply lump all things liberal as "woke". It's like any other term grabbed onto and weaponised by the fringe groups of either party. It originated with one meaning and was completely twisted for another. I have been serving this country in one capacity or other for over 35 years. I have always been a free speach proponent. Now, that is being threatened more than ever by the " you have free speach as long as you agree with me" crowd. Also, the term "weaponised" is another farce when it comes to words. If a persons feelings are so fragile that words are considered weapons, we are in trouble. My drill sergeant called me words that I later had to go look up. I didn't need a space to go hide in. I just needed to not fuck up anymore to get yelled at!

What does my age have to do with it?
IF you were a kid in the '90's, you have no perspective on the '90's. You were a kid. If you were a kid in the '60's, you have no perspective on what happened in the '60's. You were a kid.

If you're voting in the '90's, paying taxes in the '90's...opinions weigh more.

Society is separated in generational gaps. So is critical thinking.

IF you were a kid in the '90's, you have no perspective on the '90's. You were a kid. If you were a kid in the '60's, you have no perspective on what happened in the '60's. You were a kid.

If you're voting in the '90's, paying taxes in the '90's...opinions weigh more.

Society is separated in generational gaps. So is critical thinking.
I’m 47, I graduated high school in 1996

Actually, prior to "the right grabbing onto it" it was appropriated by the LGBTQ... community. That adoption of the term made it much easier to simply lump all things liberal as "woke". It's like any other term grabbed onto and weaponised by the fringe groups of either party. It originated with one meaning and was completely twisted for another. I have been serving this country in one capacity or other for over 35 years. I have always been a free speach proponent. Now, that is being threatened more than ever by the " you have free speach as long as you agree with me" crowd. Also, the term "weaponised" is another farce when it comes to words. If a persons feelings are so fragile that words are considered weapons, we are in trouble. My drill sergeant called me words that I later had to go look up. I didn't need a space to go hide in. I just needed to not fuck up anymore to get yelled at!
That might very well be, but it didn’t make it easier for the right to lump “all things liberal” because the right just adds woke to every other word they like to use.

Weaponized isn’t a farce, if you continually harass somebody until they commit suicide that is the exact definition of weaponized. Good for you for not needing “a space to hide in”, I could show you my email inbox from work showing weaponized words that you think is a farce, only difference is I have the mental maturity to not give a shit what 120 unintelligent, obtuse walnuts think, but teenagers dont have that mental maturity. Now, don’t get me wrong I think parents should be raising their kids to whip shit talking, punk ass kids’ mouths, but social media has allowed people to feel like tough guys and be able to hide behind anonymity, but weaponized isn’t a farce in any sense.

BTW- thank you for your life long service

Back
Top Bottom