| FTBL Report: Alabama hires Charlie Strong as defensive analyst

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Report: Alabama hires Charlie Strong as defensive analyst

https://twitter.com/BarkleyTruax
On3 image
(photo by Neil Gershman)
Charlie Strong is headed to Tuscaloosa as an Alabama defensive analyst, according to Sports Illustrated’s Ross Dellenger. This will be Strong’s second stint with Crimson Tide, serving the same the same role in 2020.
Strong, a former Texas and Louisville head coach, has spent the previous two seasons with the Jacksonville Jaguars as an assistant head coach beore moving on to Miami as an assistant co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach at Miami this past season.
Overall, he’s coached college football in five different decades and returns to Alabama to help their defensive efforts during the Tide’s 2023 campaign.
Alabama will battle Strong’s former team, Texas during Week Two this upcoming season on Sept. 9 inside Bryant-Denny Stadium.

I’m getting really old … Strong is 62 years old! I vividly remember when the “young man” broke into coaching. In my mind I must still think I’m in my 30’s even though my body tells me a completely different story.

Well, the one we got was an upgrade over them.
I see no reason to believe that.

He's a convenience hire. After being passed over by Mario he decided he'd scoot Coral Gables and land at a soft spot...just so happens he's working as an analyst with the same guy he held a co-DC role with last season.

So tell us, are we on track to better defensively with these guys? Not sure that Miami set world on fire with their defense. UA did struggle vs the boogs when Steele was there.

Back
Top Bottom