| FTBL Remember Thomas Rayam?

Kirk Van de Graaff

Gravity Checker
Staff
thomasrayam.jpg

Good read.....

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/1184746918311630.xml&coll=2

He and his family attend Kingwood Church (home of Kingwood Christian School) in Alabaster with my brother. He is an awesome guy. You could call him a gentle giant. Big guy, but nicer than anyone you would ever want to meet. Gentle, but he wasn't on the football field. Awesome player.

One of the funniest times in my life, i flew up to Pittsburgh with my wife who had to work at a conference, and while she worked, i rented myself a car and drove across state to happy valley and watched the Bama 17-16 victory live.
I bought a scalped ticket on the street, and sat on about the 30yd line, i guess with about million Penn St fans around me(2 other Bama dudes were by me so it was cool) well Penn St came down on their last drive and we were looking pretty well doomed , they were driving slowly down the field (running out the clock and setting it up right in front of the goal post,at about extra point distant) The whole place Penn St crowd was drowning out the few Bama thousand Bama folks in the end zone with their ole We are Penn St chant, and when Rayam blocked that Field goal it was perhaps one of the happiest times in my life( and i was in the Sugar Bowl the national champ season) Those PennSt folks were ranting and raving the whole game , and they were really crowing up until the field block,and you would be amazed at the the Penn St dead silents ,and the Bama Million dollar band coming out with a song and a familiar chant, we just beat the ---- out of you. One of my fondest and happiest memories

Bamalee1 said:
One of the funniest times in my life, i flew up to Pittsburgh with my wife who had to work at a conference, and while she worked, i rented myself a car and drove across state to happy valley and watched the Bama 17-16 victory live.
I bought a scalped ticket on the street, and sat on about the 30yd line, i guess with about million Penn St fans around me(2 other Bama dudes were by me so it was cool) well Penn St came down on their last drive and we were looking pretty well doomed , they were driving slowly down the field (running out the clock and setting it up right in front of the goal post,at about extra point distant) The whole place Penn St crowd was drowning out the few Bama thousand Bama folks in the end zone with their ole We are Penn St chant, and when Rayam blocked that Field goal it was perhaps one of the happiest times in my life( and i was in the Sugar Bowl the national champ season) Those PennSt folks were ranting and raving the whole game , and they were really crowing up until the field block,and you would be amazed at the the Penn St dead silents ,and the Bama Million dollar band coming out with a song and a familiar chant, we just beat the ---- out of you. One of my fondest and happiest memories

I saw the play about two weeks after it happened. I was on a med cruise, can't remember exactly where we were when I saw the game. Anyway, my dad mailed me VHS tapes of the games and I would get them about two weeks after the fact. I knew the outcome of the game, but was still on pins and needles up until the end. I was screaming at the defense to stop the Lions, couldn't believe how easy they were driving down the field. I even jumped up and down as if it were a live game. The guys watching the game with me thought I was crazy, I guess they just don't understand Bama football.

Back
Top Bottom