| FTBL Reggie Bush? Why is USC not paying for the violations?

rolltide1969

Verified Member
It seems like Reggie Bush and his family knowingly violated plenty of rules during his tenure as a trojan. Is anyone besides me wondering why the ncaa hasn't really stepped up in this case and done something. If the same thing had happened at an sec school they would have been all over it. IMO.

it's the same old same old.

same with OSU and Maurice Clarett

same with ND and millions in stolen money.

NCAAzis look at who they want when they want,

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Don't get yourself worked up about it.
They may pursue Bush, take away the heiseman, but USC won't see much if anything. They'll claim they didn't know,the ncaa will stamp it. Aloss of a few games maybe. Nothing we can do about it either.

kudzu said:
They may pursue Bush, take away the heiseman, but USC won't see much if anything. They'll claim they didn't know,the ncaa will stamp it. Aloss of a few games maybe. Nothing we can do about it either.

I call BS! Had it been us or even "BARN" we would be and I quote "the closest that the NCAA has come to imposing the "death penalty" against a football program was against the University of Alabama in 2002. The most severe violation involved boosters paying players (most notably Albert Means) to come to Alabama. Infractions committee chairman Thomas Yeager said that the committee seriously considered giving Alabama the "death penalty." He called the violations "some of the worst, most serious that have ever occurred" in NCAA history and claimed that the Crimson Tide were "absolutely staring down the barrel of a gun." [1] It finally settled on five years' probation, a two-year bowl ban and the loss of 24 scholarships over three years.
" SOURCE

Sry to be an A** about this, but if Means case was so bad (not that I'm defending the actions of a DA booster), but what is so different about Bush's case. Same thing sounds like to me they both acquired money and other things for playing ball!

I am sure they are paying for it, not. That crap has been going on for a couple years with Reggie Bush. Someone is paying but not in the way they should be. If this was going on with Alabama..../shiver.....gotta love being hated for owning a few centuries of football and being from the south.

Optimus said:
kudzu said:

I call BS! Had it been us or even "BARN" we would be and I quote "the closest that the NCAA has come to imposing the "death penalty" against a football program was against the University of Alabama in 2002. The most severe violation involved boosters paying players (most notably Albert Means) to come to Alabama. Infractions committee chairman Thomas Yeager said that the committee seriously considered giving Alabama the "death penalty." He called the violations "some of the worst, most serious that have ever occurred" in NCAA history and claimed that the Crimson Tide were "absolutely staring down the barrel of a gun." [1] It finally settled on five years' probation, a two-year bowl ban and the loss of 24 scholarships over three years.
" SOURCE

Sry to be an A** about this, but if Means case was so bad (not that I'm defending the actions of a DA booster), but what is so different about Bush's case. Same thing sounds like to me they both acquired money and other things for playing ball!

What I'm saying is don't look for them to hammer USC.
ND,OU,TENN,just to mention a few have gotten a free ride. I hope they adhear to all the underhanded tactics ,like secret witnessess, in the USC case but I doubt it. I was being sarcastic.

rolltide1969 said:
It seems like Reggie Bush and his family knowingly violated plenty of rules during his tenure as a trojan. Is anyone besides me wondering why the ncaa hasn't really stepped up in this case and done something. If the same thing had happened at an sec school they would have been all over it. IMO.

There was something on it a few weeks ago. I think that the NCAA was looking into some more things involving the case. But honestly, I doubt anything will come of it. A shame too, because this will just go down as another instance of the NCAA picking and playing favorites in their "enforcement" of the rules.

I still think there's a day coming down the road where the NCAA is going to shoot themselves in the foot one time too many and the face of college athletics is going to look a lot different. I think right now a lot of schools feel trapped in the system, but if this type thing continues I could see a general uprising among member schools.

Something else to keep in mind.. Might want to see what comes out of this if anything. Pete Carroll may see something coming out of this and head back to the Pros if this brings bad things his way if he were to stay at USC.. Talk about a big coincidence huh :roll:

I try not to let it bother me any more. I just don't understand one thing.

Before all this came out, shortly after the story was published about Leinart's dad paying the difference for two other athletes to room with Matt, Yahoo had a story about USC allowing sporting agents, including the ones associated to Bush, on the practice field and in the locker rooms.

It's in black white, somewhere, so how on earth isn't that, at least, failure to monitor?

Oh well.

kudzu said:
Optimus said:
kudzu said:

" SOURCE

ND,OU,TENN,just to mention a few have gotten a free ride. I hope they adhear to all the underhanded tactics ,like secret witnessess, in the USC case but I doubt it. I was being sarcastic.
Yea I know kudzu I was just calling BS bro. Not attacking you at all, just making the statement that if it were us or barn we'd be in a pinebox. :wink:

They'd be screaming LORDY LORDY!! give'm death!!!!

As shipley00 stated it's black and white when comes down to it, but we are talking about the Pac-10 and the NZAA's lovefest(MANMILK) with USC.

Optimus said:
kudzu said:
Optimus said:
kudzu said:

" SOURCE

Yea I know kudzu I was just calling BS bro. Not attacking you at all, just making the statement that if it were us or barn we'd be in a pinebox. :wink:

As shipley00 stated it's black and white when comes down to it, but we are talking about the Pac-10 and the NZAA's lovefest(MANMILK) with USC.

Until something is done to the acctual people that run the organization, like holding them accountable for their accusations, instead of the organization itself, I'm afraid they will continue to run free in college sports.

''MANMILK'' that's gross man! :lol: ;pu

kudzu said:
Optimus said:
kudzu said:
Optimus said:
kudzu said:

" SOURCE

Until something is done to the acctual people that run the organization, like holding them accountable for their accusations, instead of the organization itself, I'm afraid they will continue to run free in college sports.

''MANMILK'' that's gross man! :lol: ;pu

BUT FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: And true!!!

TerryP said:
The question remains, and the article today seemed to allude to it, is if anyone at USC knew about any of this. That's the card in play right now.

They know they're just playing dumb. Have you guys ever seen the APT that Bush had!!

Referee said:
WHAT!!!

Another BUSH scandal???

When will we learn?
Yes again!!and, again nothing will come of it.

TerryP said:
The question remains, and the article today seemed to allude to it, is if anyone at USC knew about any of this. That's the card in play right now.

Exactly. Hard to prove or disprove. That's the root of the discretion and controversy over their bias.

In our case it was a very plausible link to make regarding the Means case, when you consider Logan Young's long time friendship with Mal and his regular phone contact with Ivy Williams. Unless there is a strong "connect the dots" case out there on the Reggie Bush matter, the most that could happen to USC is "failure to monitor". Since the nazis love affair with USC is well known, I doubt that anything comes of this.

Optimus said:
kudzu said:

" SOURCE

+1 Couldnt agree more.

Back
Top Bottom