| NEWS Red Farmer inducted into the Nascar Hall of Fame

Red Farmer needed to run through almost 75 years of racing in 20 minutes on Friday night. Fortunately, Farmer always has been fast. That’s one reason he was inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame.

A founding member of racing’s Alabama Gang, Farmer went into the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte, North Carolina, as a member of the Class of 2021, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Mike Stefanik. The three drivers were elected on June 16, 2020, but the coronavirus pandemic delayed their enshrinement until Friday night.

Red's car number was F-97

Back in the 50's my best friend's Mother and Father would take us to Midfield to Dixie Speedway and boy was that a treat. Bobby and Donnie Allison along with Red, Nero Steptoe(sp), Bunkie Blackburn, and Friday Hassler along with so many other drivers.

Great times.

I can still smell the fumes and the rubber.

Red Farmer needed to run through almost 75 years of racing in 20 minutes on Friday night. Fortunately, Farmer always has been fast. That’s one reason he was inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame.

A founding member of racing’s Alabama Gang, Farmer went into the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte, North Carolina, as a member of the Class of 2021, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Mike Stefanik. The three drivers were elected on June 16, 2020, but the coronavirus pandemic delayed their enshrinement until Friday night.

Red's car number was F-97

Back in the 50's my best friend's Mother and Father would take us to Midfield to Dixie Speedway and boy was that a treat. Bobby and Donnie Allison along with Red, Nero Steptoe(sp), Bunkie Blackburn, and Friday Hassler along with so many other drivers.

Great times.

I can still smell the fumes and the rubber.
Long weekend circuit was Huntsville on Thursday night, Midfield on Friday night, Montgomery on Saturday night, and Birmingham on Sunday afternoon. Spent many Sunday afternoons at the Fairgrounds track.

Long weekend circuit was Huntsville on Thursday night, Midfield on Friday night, Montgomery on Saturday night, and Birmingham on Sunday afternoon. Spent many Sunday afternoons at the Fairgrounds track.
Daddy wasn't big into racing, and he worked the night shift at BF Goodrich (Sunday-Thursday) but we did go to BIR some as well. Our next-door neighbor was a mechanic at Bessemer Chrysler Plymouth, and he went with us several times.

They actually had the big boyz there one Sunday (still dirt) with Jr Johnson and that 409 running along with Wendell Scott.

Daddy wasn't big into racing, and he worked the night shift at BF Goodrich (Sunday-Thursday) but we did go to BIR some as well. Our next-door neighbor was a mechanic at Bessemer Chrysler Plymouth, and he went with us several times.

They actually had the big boyz there one Sunday (still dirt) with Jr Johnson and that 409 running along with Wendell Scott.
I saw that race also. Richard Petty won. Met him in the infield after the race. It was #22 of his 200 wins.

Back
Top Bottom