| FTBL Reality Test

billfish

Verified Member
for the LSU contingent will start about 7 minutes before 4:00pm kick when they look up at all of the big screens and see Coach Nick Saban gathering his troops and walking them out.....they'll boo like crazy but at that very moment it will become unbelievably loud. Real loud and reality sets in.

For all the children and adults near their section that are averted to some choice language.....you might want to be on the concourse for that? This game will not be for the weak of heart or sensitive ears Win-Lose-Draw :lol:

Regardless.....Show Class

a$# Roll Tide!

I'm getting fired up thinking about it and I ain't even gonna be at the game.

I doubt if I sleep a wink tonight. Probably will doze some during the LF game tomorrow. Dave & Dave are good at lulling me to sleep unless Bama is playing.

RTR!

A friend of mine told me the LSU folks will number in the 20-30K range. Possibly 3x the allotment. That's quite a few wandering about. The airport has quite the number of vans, etc lined up for their arrival not to mention those making the day trip. B'ham is loaded too. They're coming. We just need to take care of business.

Death Valley won't have "chit"tlings on BD for a few moments Saturday. That's guaranteed!

Sleep well. Something tells me we'll need the NRG.

We have LSU right where we want them. If they want to reach the pinnacle of college football, they have to beat Bama. We, on the other hand, really have nothing to lose. We are on the verge of winning seven games, which is what most predicted for Saban's first season. If we beat LSU, we will have gained enormous respect from one end of the college football world to the other. But, if we don't beat LSU? Well, we're "not supposed to beat LSU" now, are we? I mean, they're the #3 team in the nation, with a shot at playing for the BCS championship, while we "don't stand a snowball's chance in hell" as one of my LSU acquaintances put it.

Wait 'til the smoke clears. :lol:

CrimsonPirate said:
We have LSU right where we want them. If they want to reach the pinnacle of college football, they have to beat Bama. We, on the other hand, really have nothing to lose. We are on the verge of winning seven games, which is what most predicted for Saban's first season. If we beat LSU, we will have gained enormous respect from one end of the college football world to the other. But, if we don't beat LSU? Well, we're "not supposed to beat LSU" now, are we? I mean, they're the #3 team in the nation, with a shot at playing for the BCS championship, while we "don't stand a snowball's chance in hell" as one of my LSU acquaintances put it.

Wait 'til the smoke clears. :lol:

You know I've compared numbers, players, strengths, weaknesses, and scenarios, and one thing that keeps coming back to me is what I hear from LSU folks. It isn't "Beat Bama" but rather "Beat Saban."

I know Les Miles and his staff will do all they can to keep that from being a distraction for their players, but I do wonder how much of that "Beat Saban" mantra has indirectly worked its way into the players' thoughts. They cannot be totally isolated from those two words that have been echoing since January.

It's almost like our players are forgotten in all this prep "Saban Bowl" hype, and that actually makes me feel good about our chances. Tomorrow, LSU fans are gonna find out that this game ain't about beating Coach Saban but about having to face a team of scrappy players wearing crimson and white, who will not give up. In the end it is gonna be about having to beat Bama, and I honestly don't believe that's been the real focus for some down on the bayou.

We will soon find out for sure.

RTR!

The 2 senior gentlemen have nailed it best.
''We weren't supposed to win''

''Beat Saban not Bama''

Two distractions that I hope work to our favor.
As the gentleman said '' we will see''
Ain't it great to be a Bama fan. :D

Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

There's just a certain feeling in the air like it's 1992 all over again. I've even heard some of my barner friends say that.

All I know is Roll Tide Roll!

Tried to go to bed late so I'd wake up late, but too much excitement and I woke up at 6...

:roll:

We aren't supposed to win... :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom