| FTBL Question for anyone with knowledge of the law.

Talked with a lawyer buddy of mine last night about this- his exact words “this is all grandstanding, there’s nothing litigation wise that’s going to change anything, they’re doing this for votes, they‘re pissed off they don‘t get a chunk of the big playoff pie, so they’re whining, DeSantis saying what he’s saying, he has to say something because he‘s getting his ass kicked even in his home state, are they not aware that the FSU AD and ACC commish blocked the 12 team from happening this year?”…….he’s a FSU graduate

Talked with a lawyer buddy of mine last night about this- his exact words “this is all grandstanding, there’s nothing litigation wise that’s going to change anything, they’re doing this for votes, they‘re pissed off they don‘t get a chunk of the big playoff pie, so they’re whining, DeSantis saying what he’s saying, he has to say something because he‘s getting his ass kicked even in his home state, are they not aware that the FSU AD and ACC commish blocked the 12 team from happening this year?”…….he’s a FSU graduate

Yep, votes wad my thought on it all. Childish and funny it's even a discussion amongst them.

From what little I have read, the CFP, went by the rules. "best teams v/s "most deserving teams." And the part about losing key players. So, with that premise, this is about feelings and emotions vs logic. Or "The rules apply to thee, but not to me." People get butt hurt when things don't go there way, even though the rules were followed to a "T". Not to bring religion into this but that is really the underlying reason for the split in the United Methodist Church. Rules were set in a doctrine, and instead of changing the rules at the next appropriate opportunity, they decided that they did not like the rule, instead they just ignored it and did what they wanted. But back to the CFP, 'the other mitigating factor is that it gets all of the talking heads (both vocal and written) air time and clicks. Which in turn insites the listeners,viewers and readers. And when the politicians see all this, well, they have to jump on the bandwagon as well. Desantis needs to be really careful, he's trying to appease his home state, and not looking at the big picture. I was once I was once on a delegation fighting for first responder rights fighting the Alabama Retirement system. The most important thing I learned from our lobbyist was, "Money is the mother's milk of politics." So you can be tthe farm, a lot of money was funneled from the coffers of FSU to certain PACS of the State attorney general, as well as Desantis' campaign.
Now "if" ( I know, "candy and nuts...Merry Christmas") it were the four most deserving teams, Michigan would have been left out, and FSU would have been in. They were caught cheating and do not deserve to be in the playoffs. But the NCCA and Michigan (et.al.) settled. The quickness of the settlement shows me that there was A LOT more that could have been exposed, leading to more than a black eye for the Big Blue. They would have been beaten to a bloody pulp and left to die in the gutter of some back alley, behind a dumpster. But the NCAA, the pieces of chicken sh!t that they are, offered them a deal they could not refuse, which kept the NCAA out of a long and drawn out battle. "Take this little swat on the butt, and hush, and this will all go way. Just call it time served."
With all that said, to answer the original question, yes the FL AG can request a subpoena, but it depends on the judge as to rather one would be granted. ($$$) This is crossing state lines, so it gets iffy. My question would be, should all be exposed under each states, and possible federal sunshine laws.
I wish you all, "Good Times and Noodle Salad."
God Bless
Roll Tide
Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
I wish you all, :good Times and Noodle Salad.
full

Bingo!

Back
Top Bottom