| LIFE Proud Dad

Active duty
Maybe the kid will get stationed here. I say that referring to a few of their boats I've seen around the harbor. Some bad ass stuff. Literally, had one of their stealth boats stop us boating a few years ago. Nothing happened other than a ticket because he forgot where he mounted the fire extinguisher.

There was a lady I'll never forget...one foot on our boat, one foot on their's, carrying (can't remember what rifle it was,) all the while calling out the waves. It was wild just to watch.

Maybe the kid will get stationed here. I say that referring to a few of their boats I've seen around the harbor. Some bad ass stuff. Literally, had one of their stealth boats stop us boating a few years ago. Nothing happened other than a ticket because he forgot where he mounted the fire extinguisher.

There was a lady I'll never forget...one foot on our boat, one foot on their's, carrying (can't remember what rifle it was,) all the while calling out the waves. It was wild just to watch.
If he has his option he’ll be stationed there, something has always drawn him there, even though he’s never been there.

I can only imagine how wild that was to watch. That’s crazy!

Active duty
If they're anything like the AF, two days before your basic graduation date, you get to put out a dream sheet of where you'd like to be stationed. Almost everyone puts overseas, but ultimately you get stationed where they need you. Anyways, wouldn't hurt for him to put the Charleston, SC base if he wants to be at a nice place. I was in Charleston not long ago and walked right by it. It looked relatively small, but pretty nice. I have some good friends stationed at Joint-Base Charleston for the AF and they love their life right now.

Good luck to him. Basic training is all mental.

I
If they're anything like the AF, two days before your basic graduation date, you get to put out a dream sheet of where you'd like to be stationed. Almost everyone puts overseas, but ultimately you get stationed where they need you. Anyways, wouldn't hurt for him to put the Charleston, SC base if he wants to be at a nice place. I was in Charleston not long ago and walked right by it. It looked relatively small, but pretty nice. I have some good friends stationed at Joint-Base Charleston for the AF and they love their life right now.

Charleston would be an awesome duty. Lots of girls up road a mrytle beach. Fun weekends.

He plans to put in for Charleston, Clearwater, Houston, and probably Kodiak

Thank you

Yeah. At a building. But, I sorta get it...a lot to see when you get downtown. Just don't do it in the middle of the street.

I rarely drive downtown anymore: traffic and parking. The "CARTA Express Bus" is a few bucks and I'm there in the same time without the headaches. I don't have that time afforded much.
Middle of the road, bet they’re the type of tourist that tries to get an up close selfie with a bison.

Middle of the road, bet they’re the type of tourist that tries to get an up close selfie with a bison.
Here's a wild little note for ya. The first time I saw one? Memphis, TN. There was a "farm" that was close to one of the jails/prisons on a back road I used to take to get around "the loop." I stopped a few times just to watch them. There wasn't anything going on within the herd...it was more me thinking, "damn, that's a big MF."

Today, you won't find ground beef in my freezer. You will find five or more pounds of ground Bison.

I was one of the original Aviation rescue Swimmer's in the USCG. ( I was stationed at Air Station New Orleans in Belle Chase, La.A. New Orleans had to have a minimum of 5 swimmers to online. I was the 5th. This was back when the rating was ASm instead of AST. The program has evolved tremendously since then. Bust of luck to your son. Also, tell him to truly be "Semper Paratus" because of the attrition rate, his orders can come a lot earlier than expected.

I was one of the original Aviation rescue Swimmer's in the USCG. ( I was stationed at Air Station New Orleans in Belle Chase, La.A. New Orleans had to have a minimum of 5 swimmers to online. I was the 5th. This was back when the rating was ASm instead of AST. The program has evolved tremendously since then. Bust of luck to your son. Also, tell him to truly be "Semper Paratus" because of the attrition rate, his orders can come a lot earlier than expected.
Thank you for your service! I will tell him. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom