| FTBL Prince Hall suspension reduced

NTT said:
Where did you get this information from? And why if he could play do you doubt he would against WKU
it was on Hey Coach.

i doubt he sees any PT to be honest. i know LB was a big question mark going into the season, but i think it has turned into an exclamation mark at this point. i see no reason why Hall would see any significant PT at this point. he will still have to beat out Rolo and Hightower, and i don't really see it happening.

also, i believe the proverbial match has been lit under our team's collective ass. apparently the threat has been made either play like you are supposed to play and are capable of playing, or you can play on the scout team if that is the type of effort you want to show.

Well Prince could come in to give one of those guys some rest from time to time. Nick said Cory and Donta would be swaping in and out when we go with 5 db's vs the spread which WKU has maybe Prince could fit in that mix as well. Lets not forget last year Prince was our best LB coming into the season if not for the suspensions.

[quote="runswithscissors]he will still have to beat out Rolo and Hightower, and i don't really see it happening.
[/quote]

Maybe not, but I have to give him this, he hasn't quit. He was pretty darn good before either McClain or Hightower arrived and I have to give him kudos for hanging in there and pulling himself out of a doghouse (if he in fact has). With his talent, he could have just as easy thrown in the towel and went elsewhere. I see this as nothing but positive.

NTT said:
Well Prince could come in to give one of those guys some rest from time to time. Nick said Cory and Donta would be swaping in and out when we go with 5 db's vs the spread which WKU has maybe Prince could fit in that mix as well. Lets not forget last year Prince was our best LB coming into the season if not for the suspensions.
possibly, but i wouldn't really look for it to happen unless somebody is playing craptastic or something. we may have thought Prince was the best LB coming into last season, but i would think McClain proved he was the best one. Hightower is making alot of progress in his coverage skills, imho. Harris also shows pretty good coverage skills.

It would be nice for him to get back into the grove this weekend, and get a feel for the game again. We're gonna need him in SEC play this season.

Now your talking what I really want to talk about. i want to know how Harris is coming along. I know he has played so a redshirt is out of the question.. I wonder how much progress he has made since camp and when he may start getting a little more PT.

NTT said:
Now your talking what I really want to talk about. i want to know how Harris is coming along. I know he has played so a redshirt is out of the question.. I wonder how much progress he has made since camp and when he may start getting a little more PT.
i think Harris' biggest hurdle at this point is learning the schemes. i don't think he is as physical as Hightower, but thats not a knock on Harris at all. honestly, i'm not so sure we will see Harris all that much or on a regular basis this season, especially if the defense continues to do well. that whole "if it ain't broke don't fix it" type thing. Harris is a good player. Hightower is just really good.

i am excited about this weekend's game. i think CNS was 100% serious about his threat to the team to send some guys to the scout team. i hope we beat the snot out of WKU (as we should anyway) and continue that through January.

But why waste a players reshirt status by just playing him in garbage time when he was one of the highest rated LB's in last years class. I believe he was 2nd or 3rd in the nation. i just don't see wasting a year of eligability for nothing.

NTT said:
But why waste a players reshirt status by just playing him in garbage time when he was one of the highest rated LB's in last years class. I believe he was 2nd or 3rd in the nation. i just don't see wasting a year of eligability for nothing.
when you are a true freshman, i don't think any PT is "garbage time". i may be way off on that, but i just feel any on the field time is better than none. the only way you can practice for battle is to practice in battle conditions. i just think Harris is right there on the bubble between getting the overall picture but not quite.

NTT said:
Where did you get this information from? And why if he could play do you doubt he would against WKU

One of the most essential ingredients in defending the spread attack is communication between the back 7 players. This has never been a real strong suit for Prince. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some snaps in relief when we are in our regular defense. When we are in nickel he's going to be, at best, the guy coming in after Reamer whose speed and experience playing safety is just a better alternative.

I'd imagine we'll be catching some flack on other boards about Saban's "lack of discipline" in reducing Hall's "sentence." A lot of LSU fans (there's your first clue right there) called into question Coach Saban suspending Hall for the first three games of the season (supposedly three easy games). I wonder what they wanted from CNS...maybe suspending Hall for, say, UT, LSU, and Auburn? That'd make a lot of sense, wouldn't it? :roll:

CrimsonPirate said:
I'd imagine we'll be catching some flack on other boards about Saban's "lack of discipline" in reducing Hall's "sentence." A lot of LSU fans (there's your first clue right there) called into question Coach Saban suspending Hall for the first three games of the season (supposedly three easy games). I wonder what they wanted from CNS...maybe suspending Hall for, say, UT, LSU, and Auburn? That'd make a lot of sense, wouldn't it? :roll:

Yah, they say that in one breath, then they say we aren't any good for not beating Tulane by 60 in the next. Media, fans, and so-called analyst are obsessed with Nick Saban.

Back
Top Bottom