| GAME THREAD Pre-Game discussions: Kentucky visits Alabama for Homecoming

Practice Notes, September 28, 2016
Ben Jones, Tidesports.com

Here we are. The final practice notes of September, and the last ones before Kentucky arrives for Saturday. Have a bunch of updates that follow some of what we reported yesterday as Alabama worked in full pads.
  • We're checking on the Blake Barnett news, guys. We'll let you know if we can confirm it.

• Damien Harris was dressed and going through individual drills that we watched. He might not have been doing rushing drills with the offensive line (I didn't see him doing it, but didn't see every rep) but that's two days in a row without wearing a noncontact jersey. Would say that's a good sign for Saturday but we'll hear from Saban later.

• ArDarius Stewart and Robert Foster were both wearing the standard white jerseys for the second day in a row.

• Shank Taylor was working with the first team offensive line when I looked over there. Lester Cotton was standing behind the offensive line and might have rotated in, but I didn't see it.

• I did see Joshua Jacobs taking a bunch of reps with the first team offensive line in a rushing drill. I couldn't watch every rep but he got more than the other guys that I saw.

• Tony Brown was working at Star with the second team.

• The Rams had one scout at practice and the Colts had two. The Jets or the Packers had one as well, but I couldn't tell what logo it was, just the dark green color.
Practice notes: Sept. 28 | TideSports.com

For chits and giggles ...

You guys remember Matt Elam? He's started for Kentucky in all four games this season. If you compare him to ... let's say Dakota Ball ... Ball is a first round draft pick. Elam has one, ONE, solo tackle this year. Four total.

For chits and giggles ...

You guys remember Matt Elam? He's started for Kentucky in all four games this season. If you compare him to ... let's say Dakota Ball ... Ball is a first round draft pick. Elam has one, ONE, solo tackle this year. Four total.

Remember him well. And to think people were disappointed when he inked with UK over us. He looks like he really never has gotten into a good playing shape instead of just a shape, ROUND!!

Matchup breakdown: Bama vs Boom

Kentucky running back Stanley "Boom" Williams comes into Saturday’s game ranked third in the SEC in rushing at 116 yards per game. Alabama’s defense is ranked No. 1 in the league against the run, giving up just 67.5 yards per game, 2.35 yards per carry and only one rushing touchdown. Here’s a look at top rushers against the Crimson Tide so far in 2016:

Kent State
Leading rusher: Justin Rankin
Yards: 52
Carries: 6
Average: 8.7
Touchdowns: 0

Ole Miss
Leading rusher: Akeem Judd
Yards: 45
Carries: 15
Average: 3.0
Touchdowns: 1