| FTBL Post Game Review: Alabama vs Western Kentucky

TerryP

Staff
Looking back over Saturday’s action around the NCAA there is more to talk about, perhaps more interesting conversation as well, than breaking down the Alabama win Saturday night.

Vandy wins impressively over Rice to start their season 3-0. While their schedule does get increasingly more difficult just one more upset and Vandy could be bowling for the first time in years.

The Auburn win last night still has me shaking my head in disbelief. Yes, I’ve said all along I expected their team to have its struggles this season but I didn’t think it would be to this degree. And yes, Mississippi State still doesn’t have an offense. And, just to answer your question, No the SEC does not have mens soccer even though one might think so after seeing the score.

Despite their handling of UAB, UT fans have to be as upset today as they were last Sunday (if not more) when they saw what BUY did against a hapless UCLA team.

South Carolina, despite losing their contest with Georgia, has handed other teams a blueprint for beating the Bulldogs. For a team that no one really wanted to face at the end of the 2007 season, I can think of several coaching staffs that aren’t looking at their upcoming match-ups with Georgia as intimidating today as it was just a few weeks ago.

Luck can’t be spelled without UK. Yes they are off to a 3-0 start and yes they have a chance to return to a bowl game this year. But, that comes with the realization that a last second tackle at the one yard line saved the Wildcats from an upset at the hands of Middle Tennessee State.

So, what should Alabama fans think looking at our game and the rest of the SEC after week three? It looks like a trip to Atlanta and an SEC crown is in the reach of several teams. However, just like some other teams had weaknesses exposed, Alabama did as well.

Read more in the football section of our blog

Back
Top Bottom