| FTBL Polls: Week 2 - 11 in AP, 16 in USA Today/Coaches (link)

Re: We are #11 in the AP poll

BigAl said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

That is sort of surprising. On the other hand, everybody did somewhat poorly yesterday. Even Florida had a hard time with Miami. It was anyone's game well into the 4th when Florida finally woke up on offense.

Ohio State struggled mightily against Ohio. Everyone had problems, so why should 'Bama be punished any worse than any of the others.

The AuNeck Tigers, no matter the praise and worshipping coming from their delusional fans about the game yesterday, had a very hard time with a team that was basically on par with Tulane.

CtrlAltieDel said:
BigAl said:

That is sort of surprising. On the other hand, everybody did somewhat poorly yesterday. Even Florida had a hard time with Miami. It was anyone's game well into the 4th when Florida finally woke up on offense.

Ohio State struggled mightily against Ohio. Everyone had problems, so why should 'Bama be punished any worse than any of the others.

The AuNeck Tigers, no matter the praise and worshipping coming from their delusional fans about the game yesterday, had a very hard time with a team that was basically on par with Tulane.

I'd bet Tulane would put a beat down on So. Miss.
Just from observation on both games. Of course it's only my opinion.

kudzu said:
CtrlAltieDel said:
BigAl said:

I'd bet Tulane would put a beat down on So. Miss.
Just from observation on both games. Of course it's only my opinion.

I would think so too, Kudzu. I would like to say that I wish 'Bama could have a redo of yesterday's game with Andre Smith and Davis in the lineup. The offensive line seemed to absolutely implode with their absence and the switching around of players.

Naturally, you go to other boards now and there is thread after thread of how much JPW sucks and how we need a good QB.

These are the morons that, just as last year, don't believe that a college football team really requires an offensive line. They honestly do not understand the role that the offensive line plays and think they are not important.

There is my rant. Back to the subject, yes, I do think Tulane would beat Southern Miss.

Good for us, I guess.

But what in the world did we do comparatively to move ahead of Texas Tech? Who won on the road (I think) by a similar margin against a team probably at least as good as Tulane.

If Georgia and us win the next two games, both entering our game at 4-0 and both ranked in the Top 10 the hype will be unbearable.

We would then have a wonderful challenge and opportunity. :lol:

ap poll

bama #11 in this weeks ap poll. (sorry if it was already posted)

can anyone tell the probablity of big andre coming back this week, as well as javy and the rest of them.

Polls are pretty useless at this point. IMO, the media (AP) are voting us higher than we perhaps deserve at this point because they want to see a matchup of two top ten teams when we roll into Georgia.

Whatever, where we are come January is what really matters.

Back
Top Bottom