| FTBL Pine box?

Swamptick said:
What is up with the TT/pinebox comment? I saw it on another thread here but have no idea what it means. Can someone explain?

Thanks in advance.

When TT was at Ole Miss he was asked if he was leaving. He said," The only way I'll leave Ole Miss, is in a pine box." Within days (if not hours) of making this statement, he accepted the Auburn job. :D

Tubs made the tongue in cheek "pine box" comment to a small group of reporters in Oxford. He didn't say numerous times he was not going to Auburn and get quoted in the national media with these denials.

Proud Tiger said:
Tubs made the tongue in cheek "pine box" comment to a small group of reporters in Oxford. He didn't say numerous times he was not going to Auburn and get quoted in the national media with these denials.

This is not a flame, but don't pretend like Oxford is ANYWHERE near the market of the Miami Dolphins. No one in the national media cared whether or not Tuberville was coming or going.

Proud Tiger said:

Bull crap. I lived in Mississippi at the time.

Tuberville made that remark at his post game press conference after tanking the Egg Bowl on Nov 25 in 1999. He accepted the barn job the following Monday and was introduced as the coach on Nov 28th.

He had made the comment at an alumni meeting earlier in the season as well.

Clarion-Ledger said:
Published reports kept coming from Alabama that Tuberville had agreed to a deal to leave Ole Miss and become Auburn's coach.

Tuberville kept denying the reports, to his bosses, to us in the media and, worse, to his players.

"They'll have to carry me out of here in a pine box," Tuberville said. He was talking about Oxford. A couple days later he was in Auburn for the press conference. He never told his players so much as "good-bye."

http://www.clarionledger.com/news/0311/30/srick.html

Proud Tiger said:

So his lie was somehow not as bad...is that what you mean? Also that was NOT during the season if I am not mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom