| FTBL Our Center Vs a teams NT...

Seth got bloodied & bruised as the game went on Vs the Texas NT. His poor snaps & false snaps wreaked of desperation to get to his next block. I cannot see any reason teams will not attack the center of the line more, especially between him & Dalcourt.

What's our depth there & can this be fixed?

Seth got bloodied & bruised as the game went on Vs the Texas NT. His poor snaps & false snaps wreaked of desperation to get to his next block. I cannot see any reason teams will not attack the center of the line more, especially between him & Dalcourt.

Rees should’ve put in 2 or three tight ends to beat them up..and run

Dalcourt, Ferguson, and Brockermeyer in some order would slide into the C spot, but I'd be a bit surprised if McLaughlin is pulled unless the bad snaps continue. Supposedly, it isn't a yips situation like it seemed on the surface, so hopefully that improves. Ferguson though is a guy I'd keep an eye on in terms of cracking the starting 5 (over Dalcourt?).... but we know how Saban is stubborn to give that green light at times, so we'll just have to see.

Dalcourt, Ferguson, and Brockermeyer...

Dalcourt at Center is well documented. To his credit, he didn't have the problem with crappy snaps. Is it possible, as a 4th year guy, that he has improved to win the spot back?

Ferguson absolutely steam rolled teams back in Peach County (I lived there 15 years). If he can take the guard position, why not get him some reps this week?

McLaughlin has been strange... Could it be he is just not big enough? Its hard for me to accept that considering what the OL did to Jawja in the SECCG when all of us thought Jordan Davis was going have a buffet of OL. I thought he sewed that position up then but he's still been sporatic. Any chance he's banged up?

Dalcourt at Center is well documented. To his credit, he didn't have the problem with crappy snaps. Is it possible, as a 4th year guy, that he has improved to win the spot back.

Ferguson absolutely steam rolled teams back in Peach County (I lived there 15 years). If he can take the guard position, why not get him some reps this week.

McLaughlin has been strange... Could it be he is just not big enough? Its hard for me to accept that considering what the OL did to Jawja in the SECCG when all of us thought Jordan Davis was going have a buffet of OL. I thought he sewed that position up then but he's still been sporatic. Any chance he's banged up?

Yes, he's been limited a bit and they believe it is the cause of the bad snaps.

On Ferguson, I absolutely think he will get his chance this week... maybe he will force their hand with his play. Some parallels to the QB situation there.

Dalcourt, Ferguson, and Brockermeyer in some order would slide into the C spot, but I'd be a bit surprised if McLaughlin is pulled unless the bad snaps continue. Supposedly, it isn't a yips situation like it seemed on the surface, so hopefully that improves. Ferguson though is a guy I'd keep an eye on in terms of cracking the starting 5 (over Dalcourt?).... but we know how Saban is stubborn to give that green light at times, so we'll just have to see.
Supposedly Ferguson is injured and isn't 100 percent healthy.

Saban talked about OL today and it seems like from what coaches and players are saying, lot isn't on Dalcourt. Hmm

Last edited:
Attention to detail has completely fallen off the map in the last few years. If Ferguson is banged up, then I understand why he didn't start over Dalcourt. If he isn't, then we have some major issues because Dalcourt hasn't not been destroyed off the line since he's started.

I'm starting to wonder if we shouldn't replace Wolford.

Attention to detail has completely fallen off the map in the last few years. If Ferguson is banged up, then I understand why he didn't start over Dalcourt. If he isn't, then we have some major issues because Dalcourt hasn't not been destroyed off the line since he's started.

I'm starting to wonder if we shouldn't replace Wolford.
We're now in year 2. If he's the answer, we shouldn't still have questions.

Supposedly Ferguson is injured and isn't 100 percent healthy.

Saban talked about OL today and it seems like from what coaches and players are saying, lot isn't on Dalcourt. Hmm

THen saban said this:
-- Notes that Alabama gave up sacks on three and four-man rushes against Texas. Says receivers need to get open and the quarterback has to get the ball out of his hand. Says offensive line issues against Texas were not scheme related

Says Alabama’s offense is too inconsistent to have an identity at this point. Says Crimson Tide would like to be physical enough to run ball consistently, mixing in play-action and downfield passing.

-- Saban says he did not consider making changes to players on offensive line. Said he feels good about the group, notes that the Tide want competition.

-- Notes that the Crimson Tide only had one drop in the last game. Says Crimson Tide did not do a good enough job getting them the ball, but other times receivers didn’t do a good enough job getting open.

We're now in year 2. If he's the answer, we shouldn't still have questions.

Joe Pendry & Mario Cristobal will have something to say about their year 2... Or after winning NC's at their position, some would say they regressed based on wins/losses (2010 & 2016 seasons).

Wolford took over a mess at that position & this was the second game for this OL lineup against a very good DL in Texas. I fully expect to see improvement from this unit, especially considering the slated competition. IF we regress (without a slew of injuries), I'll echo your point. But not yet.

Seth got bloodied & bruised as the game went on Vs the Texas NT. His poor snaps & false snaps wreaked of desperation to get to his next block.
Anyone else here old enough to remember and not too old to forget Shula's best team in '06, when we played Miles' LSU close, but had to put in Taylor Britt at center because the 1st stringer Closner got injured??? Those LSU DTs killed Britt after every snap and Croyle couldn't set his feet. Had Closner not gotten injured, we might have won that game and the SEC that season.

Last edited:
Anyone else here old enough to remember and not too old to forget Shula's best team in '06, when we played Miles' LSU close, but had to put in Taylor Britt at center because the 1st stringer Closner got injured??? Those LSU DTs killed Britt after every snap and Croyle couldn't set his feet. Had Closner not gotten injured, we might have won that game and the SEC that season.

Pretty sure that was 2005. Croyle was gone in 2006.

Back
Top Bottom