| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC "Oppenheimer" Anyone waded through this film?

TerryP

Staff
With so many "big name stars" in this movie any award is just Hollywood fellacio.

I started watching the movie last week: four or five days ago. I'm 1:22:21 into a 3:00:22 film.

BUT, it's not that bad of a movie.

(It took a few minutes for Peaky Blinders to hit...knew I knew him.)

We plan to watch it, just haven't found the time. I did watch The Boys in the Boat last week. It was pretty good, although after reading the book I knew the movie would fall short. There's just not enough time to develop the characters, and not covering Rantz' childhood first you don't really develop the empathy for him that the book puts forth. They also compress the team's experience into one season and skip over their failures. A decent watch, though.

I saw it in the theaters. It's really good -- yet so long -- but I could do without seeing Cillian Murphy in all his glory. I have not found the need/want to watch it again. I will this summer, I guess.

(It took a few minutes for Peaky Blinders to hit...knew I knew him.)

He was also a shell-shocked soldier in Dunkirk.

1709584213592.png

If you like history, and want to know more detail on how the atomic bombs were developed, you’ll enjoy the movie. There are a lot of “big” stars who have little roles. It’s a long movie, but worth it.

Back
Top Bottom