| FTBL One of the funniest, and delusional, articles I've read from Goodman. "Auburn coach Bryan Harsin, the Bandit from Boise, strikes again."

Bryan Harsin is a thief from Idaho.

Let me ask everyone a serious question: does this cowboy — this Bandit from Boise — have no moral code? Is nothing sacred anymore? Can’t anything be done to stop this man of mischief?

Nope.

And it’s glorious.

And I’m really starting to like this guy.

Everyone loves a good black-hat villain in the SEC, and Harsin is wearing it today. On Thursday, Auburn’s football coach did something many longtime fans of the league would have once considered unthinkable. Harsin straight up stole a former five-star recruit off the roster of the rival Georgia Bulldogs.

I’m guessing Pat Dye would approve.

Harsin walked into the Bulldogs’ receiver room this week, and left with a former freshman All-American. Demetris Robertson wore black and red in the Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry last season, but this fall he’ll be dressed out in burnt orange and navy blue. He’s the third transfer this offseason to go from an SEC school to Auburn, but the others were from Vanderbilt and LSU.

It feels different when it’s a chief rival, right? Not dirtier, because it’s all within the rules, but maybe somehow more intimate. This isn’t just business. This is personal.

This is the new world of college football. Does it matter which sideline of the Iron Bowl you’re standing on as long as you’re playing in the game? Maybe not in a few years.

Robertson was once the top-rated high school receiver in the country and a freshman All-American for Cal. Now he’s just looking for a way to improve his NFL draft stock before his collegiate eligibility expires, and the best option, apparently, was the nuclear one.

Push the red button to see Scott Cochran’s head explode.

Over the past week or so, Auburn’s poker-faced Harsin has finally started to show some of his playing cards, and there’s some substance to go along with all the coach-speak. Still not sure what to expect from the Tigers under athletic director Allen Greene’s big bold replacement for Gus Malzahn, but at least now we know Harsin has the required skills needed to steal from an SEC neighbor.

Hey, anything to help Bo Nix sell sweet tea.

They’re all thieves, folks, so let’s not kid ourselves. The game now is just about knowing what to take. Georgia recently added a former five-star receiver from LSU, Arik Gilbert of Marietta, Georgia. Was Robertson addition by subtraction for Georgia, or will losing him to Auburn come back to haunt Smart and his staff like quarterback Justin Fields?

Yeah, Smart will never live that one down.

It’s not just about recruiting high school players anymore. From now on, coaches also will be measured and judged by their ability to steal transfers and retain talent. All things considered, Harsin is having a good summer after being handicapped by the NCAA’s extended recruiting moratorium due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to Robertson’s commitment, Harsin also landed a huge special teams recruit this week, class of 2022 kicker Alex McPherson.

Again, anything to see Scott Cochran’s face catch on fire. Metaphorically, of course.

Maybe Auburn isn’t going to be so mediocre this season after all. Auburn fans seem willing to give greenhorn Harsin a pass for the 2021 season — I don’t believe it — but it appears like he has different plans. Don’t chisel Alabama’s name on the SEC West division trophy just yet. Harsin might steal that, too, if Alabama coach Nick Saban isn’t careful.

Oh, and lock up that diamond-crusted roster down in Tuscaloosa while y’all are at it. There’s a burglar on the prowl this summer. Auburn needed a veteran receiver for Nix going into fall camp, so Harsin looked around and took one from Georgia like he was pulling a gold chain right off Kirby Smart’s neck.

How is Auburn possibly supposed to compete with Georgia in 2021? Raid the ‘Dawg house, of course.

Robertson, while extremely gifted, apparently didn’t impress Smart enough in practice over the last three years to earn more chances on the field. The Savannah, Georgia, native then allegedly did something regrettable in February when he allegedly removed a parking boot from his car on campus. Who among us, right?

Athens, Georgia, and its silly parking rules … Has anyone ever paid for a single parking ticket in the entire history of Alabama? The answer is heck no.

Park wherever you want in Auburn, Demetris. In fact, the parking authority might even throw in an endorsement deal if you score a touchdown against Georgia.

What he "stole" was a player who has 5 years in college behind them with a total of 92 receptions for 1210 yards and 10 TD along with 10 rushes for 161 yards and 1 TD but is also currently facing felony charges in Athens (no matter what we think the charges should or should not be, they are a felony) as well as being on probation until June of 2022 for other unrelated charges. This is his third school in his 6 years of college. He will go from catching 12 passes in 10 games last year to being the hope of Auburn football. Hilarity ensues.

I hear you Rockn, the author left out a ton of details on the player. He sure highlighted the former freshman all American line several times, but never mentioned the rest of his career. Or the off field. Heck, a guy going to 3 schools in their college career is a little strange to me.

Goodman. These guys are just storytelling....
Regardless of who he writes about...
BUt..that. Said..
I like writing style...
Makes good reading...to me
Storytelling? Gaslighting.

Good read? He's making stuff up as he goes along here. It's written as if it's penned by a fourth grader.

It's quite ironic you dismiss Paul so quickly and fall right into Paul part two with Goodman.

Storytelling? Gaslighting.

Good read? He's making stuff up as he goes along here. It's written as if it's penned by a fourth grader.

It's quite ironic you dismiss Paul so quickly and fall right into Paul part two with Goodman.
I said it was story telling......most story telling is made up...lol

but....maybe its fourth grade....so what....

his style is easy reading....

Finebaum was stirring stuff up...being shithead...to piss off the masses...
Goodman does some .....but mostly story telling...this didnt piss me off...
I laughed at parts left out....but ...then...time will tell...

Dont always agree...but its not for me to agree...or disagree...

Finebaum was stirring stuff up...being shithead...to piss off the masses...
Goodman does some .....but mostly story telling...this didnt piss me off...
I laughed at parts left out....but ...then...time will tell...

Dont always agree...but its not for me to agree...or disagree...
What happens when good people sit idly by?

IT doesn't take long to see what POS he truly is.

I vaguely remember Robertson from HS... Wasn't he committed to us at one point? Then had grade or some types of issues?

Talented kid but obviously struggled to put it together. And if you're having "off the field" problems with Kirby, that keeps you "off the field", there's probably more to come!

Hopefully the good guys can blast the Boise Bandit next November... RTR

What happens when good people sit idly by?

IT doesn't take long to see what POS he truly is.

Not sure your point....( good people sit idly by?)

but

it appears.....

what he writes about?.or his style....or whatever...
You dont buy in to...dont like...dont something...
Much..the wayi dont like Finebaum...( which i dont watch the tv version...listen to his commentary...watch sec nation sat morning, etc)
Your choice to dosame!

just choice....I guess

Not sure your point....( good people sit idly by?)

but

it appears.....

what he writes about?
Did you read the link of articles I provided documenting what I'm saying. His trolling, click-baiting articles show where he stands on areas you disagree with but "he's okay in my book?"

Kay Ivey’s discrimination is harmful for trans kids

15 DAYS AGO |
By Joseph Goodman
al.com — Alabama Governor Kay Ivey should know better, and I’m sure she does, and that makes her choice to discriminate against vulnerable children so much worse. “Kay Ivey, against trans athletes,” read her political ad on Thursday, and when I saw those words I just wanted to cry … and throw my phone against the wall in anger and disgust. The governor of Alabama is against trans athletes, apparently, whatever that means, but this isn’t about athletics at all.

How to celebrate Juneteenth (for the whites)

24 DAYS AGO |
By Joseph Goodman
al.com — House Majority Whip James Clyburn, D-S.C., center left, reaches over to Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., joined by Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., center, and members of the Congressional Black Caucus as they celebrate the Juneteenth National Independence Day Act that creates a new federal holiday to commemorate June 19, 1865, when Union soldiers brought the news of freedom to enslaved Black people after the Civil War, at the Capitol in Washington, Thursday, June 17, 2021.

Did you read the link of articles I provided documenting what I'm saying. His trolling, click-baiting articles show where he stands on areas you disagree with but "he's okay in my book?"

Kay Ivey’s discrimination is harmful for trans kids

15 DAYS AGO |
By Joseph Goodman
al.com — Alabama Governor Kay Ivey should know better, and I’m sure she does, and that makes her choice to discriminate against vulnerable children so much worse. “Kay Ivey, against trans athletes,” read her political ad on Thursday, and when I saw those words I just wanted to cry … and throw my phone against the wall in anger and disgust. The governor of Alabama is against trans athletes, apparently, whatever that means, but this isn’t about athletics at all.

How to celebrate Juneteenth (for the whites)

24 DAYS AGO |
By Joseph Goodman
al.com — House Majority Whip James Clyburn, D-S.C., center left, reaches over to Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., joined by Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., center, and members of the Congressional Black Caucus as they celebrate the Juneteenth National Independence Day Act that creates a new federal holiday to commemorate June 19, 1865, when Union soldiers brought the news of freedom to enslaved Black people after the Civil War, at the Capitol in Washington, Thursday, June 17, 2021.

Maybe you should be chastising the original poster for clicking & spreading such an offensive and destructive piece of material instead of @50+yeartidefan for simply commenting on it. If not for 1 click & spread that brings funding, positive feedback, and recognition for this disgusting piece of journalism, ole @50+yeartidefan wouldn't even have known about it.

Calming down is an option too, but I guess we are all free to get frustrated about how other people receive and process their information... We're all here for a reason, ain't we!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom