| FTBL on a side note, Maze...

if you'll notice through the first 4 games most of the long passes attempted (though not completed) were to Maze who was almost always clearly ahead of his man... the problem is... the ball was clearly ahead of him. he seems to be the one speed receiver we have that people are having a difficult time covering.

i expect this problem will be fixed on saturday and we'll be able to flip the field on uga and at least play good field position football. getting it in the endzone will be a bit harder than the first 4 games, but getting to the other end of the field may be a bit quicker than usual on a couple of drives.

rtr!

jdpas29 said:
if you'll notice through the first 4 games most of the long passes attempted (though not completed) were to Maze who was almost always clearly ahead of his man... the problem is... the ball was clearly ahead of him. he seems to be the one speed receiver we have that people are having a difficult time covering.

i expect this problem will be fixed on saturday and we'll be able to flip the field on uga and at least play good field position football. getting it in the endzone will be a bit harder than the first 4 games, but getting to the other end of the field may be a bit quicker than usual on a couple of drives.

rtr!

I sure hope you are right because those incomplete passes bother me most. I know you have to threaten downfield but dang a 2nd or 3rd and long. However, I'm afraid short passes to Nick and hand offs to Coffee and Ingram are going to get stopped this weekend. Hope not, but good chance.

Back
Top Bottom