| NEWS Ole Miss is experiencing the Lane Kiffin Tax - Rippee Writes

On one hand, I understand, leaving Ole Miss for auburn but on the other hand with their track record of firing coaches. Every other Tuesday, I would be a bit leery. But lane strikes me as the type of personality that would look at auburn as a massive challenge and welcome it with open arms.

Ole miss , always has delusions of grandeur, instead of looking in the mirror, and realizing they are a perennial eight win ball club.

Lane has such a talented offensive mind, you know that is appealing to teams and you hope he has learned enough from Saban and the growing up process to do well. Of course if he goes, he must be dead to me because it’s auburn 🤷🏻‍♂️

It will all come down to, does LK understand the makeup of the Auburn football program. Does he know from the get go that Boosters are going to control the program? Does he understand an Ole Miss type season is not going to work? Does he understand that beating Alabama and Georgia every 3 years is not going to work? On the other hand, if he’s looking for a good pay day for say 3 years and a great buyout then I say, YES, it would be a good move. However, I just don’t see Lane with his personality take orders from a bunch of ego, money loving, narcissistic Boosters. That would just be another Harsin hire and we know how that turned out.

It will all come down to, does LK understand the makeup of the Auburn football program. Does he know from the get go that Boosters are going to control the program? Does he understand an Ole Miss type season is not going to work? Does he understand that beating Alabama and Georgia every 3 years is not going to work? On the other hand, if he’s looking for a good pay day for say 3 years and a great buyout then I say, YES, it would be a good move. However, I just don’t see Lane with his personality take orders from a bunch of ego, money loving, narcissistic Boosters. That would just be another Harsin hire and we know how that turned out.

On the flip side, do the boosters know that he's not going to return their calls and texts? Do the fans know he's not going to buy into their cultish Creed-oriented lifestyle? Does the admin know that he's a wild card who is apt to say or do most literally anything, at any moment? He doesn't color within the lines, he doesn't do well with authority, and for every positive he brings as a football coach, 3 negatives lurk impatiently in his shadow. If he does end up there, it could end up as a homerun... and I think even in the short term, they'd have some high level success... but if you apply the analytics that Kiffin trusts so much to his own situation, it likely ends one way, it it won't be good for either auburn or Kiffin.

On the flip side, do the boosters know that he's not going to return their calls and texts? Do the fans know he's not going to buy into their cultish Creed-oriented lifestyle? Does the admin know that he's a wild card who is apt to say or do most literally anything, at any moment? He doesn't color within the lines, he doesn't do well with authority, and for every positive he brings as a football coach, 3 negatives lurk impatiently in his shadow. If he does end up there, it could end up as a homerun... and I think even in the short term, they'd have some high level success... but if you apply the analytics that Kiffin trusts so much to his own situation, it likely ends one way, it it won't be good for either auburn or Kiffin.
Oh, I have no doubt that if he goes he will have short term success and will win some of the battles with the boosters but he will not win the war. Even Tubs, Malzahn, and Harsin won some of the battles but in the end they all got taken down.

Back
Top Bottom