| FTBL Ole Miss' Hardy out 6-8 weeks...they just keep coming

bamabass23

Verified Member
Ole Miss' Hardy out 6-8 weeks

August 11, 2008 8:01 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low

Just when I thought Ole Miss was going to be one of the surprise teams in the SEC this season, the Rebels go and lose one of their best players.

Defensive end Greg Hardy, who led the SEC in sacks last season, is out for six to eight weeks after undergoing surgery Monday to repair a stress fracture in his right foot. Depending on his recovery time, Hardy could miss the first six games, which wouldn't put him back until the Oct. 18 game against Alabama.

The defensive line was going to be the Rebels' strength this season, but Hardy is the second key player to go down up front. Tackle Ted Laurent had surgery to repair torn meniscus in his knee in late July.

Junior Emmanuel Stephens and sophomore Kentrell Lockett are the most likely candidates to replace Hardy at end.

That's too bad. He's one of the best DE's in the SEC. Kentrell Lockett is a good one and he'll take Hardy's place...but, it will hurt in their depth/rotation.

TerryP said:
That's too bad. He's one of the best DE's in the SEC. Kentrell Lockett is a good one and he'll take Hardy's place...but, it will hurt in their depth/rotation.

Thought I had read where Lockett was pushing for a starting job anyway?

Kc said:
TerryP said:

I mentioned that the other day. He came out of spring camp ahead of Hardy on the depth chart.

Make of that what you may. :lol:

TerryP said:
Kc said:
TerryP said:

I mentioned that the other day. He came out of spring camp ahead of Hardy on the depth chart.

Make of that what you may. :lol:

It kind of feels like Joe Kelly being the starter in the 1st game of the 1967 season against FSU instead of Kenny Stabler. That lasted through two three and out posessions.

Back
Top Bottom