Old Car Thread

i dont have one but i loved the look of this one at the Hot Rod Power Tour

EE1V4826-X3.jpg

I had a 73 Chevelle Super Sport, dark blue with gray trim.

My dad had a red, 40 Ford Coupe for years.

My son has a Carolina blue 69 Cougar.

No idea how to post a picture with this old IPad.

Growing up we had a '69 Olds Cutlass 442. I hated that car, was embarrassed to ride in it.

I'd give anything to have it now.

I've had a '65 Mustang for about 20 years, all original, garage kept its entire life. I've put about 30,000 miles on it the last 20 years, still under 100,000.

The only way I've been able to swing having more than one classic car is to make one my daily driver. I had a '72 chevy stepside SWB that I restored and put about 75,000 miles on it. I loved that truck. Got rid of it and found a '77 Corvette to drive and put about 70,000 on it. It was a good 20-footer, with a remanufactured Jasper engine, and I had added a 700r4 transmission for better mileage. I recently sold it, but here it is with the Mustang:

IMG-20120811-00156.jpg

I'll add that all the transmission work I've had done on my cars, and a good bit of general repair work, is at Ogletree Automotive in Sylacauga. Those guys are pros and know old and new cars both, and are honest and fair priced.

My dad had a car sitting in his shop for 26 years and decided he was going to get it running a month or two ago. I told him he was an idiot if he thought it was going to run. He added gas, put in a battery and had it cranked within 15 minutes. Smh. He did have to replace won small fuel line after he noticed a leak.

My dad had a car sitting in his shop for 26 years and decided he was going to get it running a month or two ago. I told him he was an idiot if he thought it was going to run. He added gas, put in a battery and had it cranked within 15 minutes. Smh

Awesome. What model and year? Usually the carbs will be clogged, or gas bad in the tank. I'd be concerned about the brakes myself, and probably the tires, too.

Awesome. What model and year? Usually the carbs will be clogged, or gas bad in the tank. I'd be concerned about the brakes myself, and probably the tires, too.
1972 Monte Carlo. The tires had long ago deflated and it has essentially been sitting on the rims for 20 years. . Somehow all four held air. He plans to replace all the tires and the brakes before actually getting it out on the road.

Back
Top Bottom