| NEWS Ohio State Fans React To Jameson Williams’ Admission - The Spun

B

Bama News

Jameson Williams began his collegiate career at Ohio State before ultimately transferring to Alabama. In a recent Instagram video, the star wideout opened up about his relationship with Buckeyes fans.

“Ohio State fans be tripping,” Williams said. “They don’t claim me. I don’t claim them. Ohio State fans be tripping. They disowned me. I went to ‘Bama. When I graduate, I will have graduated from ‘Bama.”

Those remarks from Williams aren’t sitting well with Ohio State fans. They feel blindsided by the former Buckeyes wide receiver.

“This is really weird because I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Buckeye fan say anything about him,” an Ohio State fan said. “When I watch Bama games I watch him and think why OSU WR room is great. Weird comment. He must be looking for the smoke.”

“That’s interesting bc every time I see an OSU fan talk about Jameson Williams it’s about how amazing he’s doing at Bama,” another fan said. “It’s too bad you feel that way Jameson. Once a buckeye always one. No reason for the hate.”

“The overwhelming majority of Ohio State fans I’ve seen or heard talking about him have been rooting for him all year,” a Buckeyes fan tweeted.

“Wild because I myself and every other buckeye fan I know still talk extremely highly of the kid,” a fan replied. “That’s a shame man, I think he’s a gifted athlete and I hope he has an amazing career beyond college.”

Williams left Ohio State because he wasn’t sure what his role would look like in Ryan Day’s offense. So far, it seems like he made the right move.

In his first year as a starter for Alabama, Williams has 51 catches for 1,028 yards and 10 touchdowns. Ohio State’s receiving corps, meanwhile, is doing just fine thanks to Chris Olave, Jaxon Smith-Njigba and Garrett Wilson.

When he transferred all I read from them was how he was not going to be a starter at Ohio State this year because their receiver room was full of young guys who were better. Now suddenly their memory doesn't contain such things. Jameson has fewer receptions than their #1, but more yard, more yard per reception, more TD, etc. Just goes to show how bad AN Ohio State is at evaluating and using talent.

I'm sure there are some ohio state fans that pull for him because of his ties to that university, and there are those who only had negative things to say about him because he came to Bama. I saw some of the negative comments. That may be what JW has seen mostly.
But, I'm glad he came to Bama and he's part of the Bama family now. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

On the flip side - If CNS could have found him a way to get him some more reps or a more optimistic outlook before he transferred, maybe he stays.

Impossible to keep everyone happy, but if we're going to acknowledge he was short sighted, it's OK to acknowledge why.
While I tend to agree with this line of thinking. The kid sat out last year due to COVID and transferred after the Spring...not sure how many more reps he could have received. Not sure how they (Coaches) give their outlooks on playing time, but I would hope that they would lean towards honesty vs the other route

On the flip side - If CNS could have found him a way to get him some more reps or a more optimistic outlook before he transferred, maybe he stays.

Impossible to keep everyone happy, but if we're going to acknowledge he was short sighted, it's OK to acknowledge why.

How can you do that when you have Najee carrying the rock like he did, as well as the Heisman winner catching passes? It's showing Robinson is not ready for the limelight. He followed Sarkesian and has not seen anything more than he did at Alabama. The guy went into the exact same situation behind the best running back in the country. He's either dumb, or short sighted. How on Earth could you be willing to step into the same situation you were already in, except now you're at a dead program with not the best coach in the history of the sport. I know you love playing the other side in these situations, but this decision will and has proven costly to Robinson. He could be the guy getting ready for another title run right now. Instead, he's backing up the backup after Bijon got hurt. Saban ain't wrong here, and the freedoms provided to these players these days is hurting him in this case. Patience my friend, patience. Najee had to wait his turn and now look. Agiye Hall will hopefully wait his as well.

Still can't get over him getting a ring after sitting out on his team and then transferring. I seriously hope he has the character to never wear the thing.

How can you do that when you have Najee carrying the rock like he did, as well as the Heisman winner catching passes? It's showing Robinson is not ready for the limelight. He followed Sarkesian and has not seen anything more than he did at Alabama. The guy went into the exact same situation behind the best running back in the country. He's either dumb, or short sighted. How on Earth could you be willing to step into the same situation you were already in, except now you're at a dead program with not the best coach in the history of the sport. I know you love playing the other side in these situations, but this decision will and has proven costly to Robinson. He could be the guy getting ready for another title run right now. Instead, he's backing up the backup after Bijon got hurt. Saban ain't wrong here, and the freedoms provided to these players these days is hurting him in this case. Patience my friend, patience. Najee had to wait his turn and now look. Agiye Hall will hopefully wait his as well.

Still can't get over him getting a ring after sitting out on his team and then transferring. I seriously hope he has the character to never wear the thing.
If he's not ready for the limelight, dumb or short sighted, then why would CNS be commenting about him?

I don't disagree with a lot of the premise of your statements... My point is rather, why cry about spilled milk? You saying he went to the same exact situation elsewhere and pretending that he or ANYONE could have seen 3 RB's being hurt this year at Alabama, but not 1 or 2 at Texas, is being short sighted.

I don't see the point in CNS commenting over a guy he had taking reps as a quasi receiver.... If he wanted to find a way to keep him, he could have. Right? 🤷‍♂️

I don't see the point in CNS commenting over a guy he had taking reps as a quasi receiver.... If he wanted to find a way to keep him, he could have. Right?
Maybe he is talking more to some players on the current roster that may be thinking about transferring? The transfer portal dynamic is real and something CNS has to manage and hopefully just like everything else he will be the master at it.

If CNS could have found him a way to get him some more reps or a more optimistic outlook before he transferred, maybe he stays.

I don't see the point in CNS commenting over a guy he had taking reps as a quasi receiver.... If he wanted to find a way to keep him, he could have.
In April Kyle Henderson noticed that KR was listed as a WR on the roster on rolltide.com. His tweet created speculation he was being moved. When UA updated the official roster, the same night of the tweet, he was listed as a running back.

I'm curious as to what you'd have had Saban do in this situation. It's Hey Coach and it's questions coming from fans.

If he's not ready for the limelight, dumb or short sighted, then why would CNS be commenting about him?

I don't disagree with a lot of the premise of your statements... My point is rather, why cry about spilled milk? You saying he went to the same exact situation elsewhere and pretending that he or ANYONE could have seen 3 RB's being hurt this year at Alabama, but not 1 or 2 at Texas, is being short sighted.

I don't see the point in CNS commenting over a guy he had taking reps as a quasi receiver.... If he wanted to find a way to keep him, he could have. Right? 🤷‍♂️

The entire point is that he was never big on a "transfer portal", and it was a big time statement that being impatient isn't always the best way to go about life. A teaching moment is why he brought him up. Highly doubting it is crying over spilt milk, because I'm willing to bet Saban didn't lose an ounce of sleep over it, nor is he now. He's always calculating when he speaks, and I have no doubt he knew what he was doing by using Robinson as an example. He hasn't been like Dabo with it where he refuses to use it and turns his back on it, but he has let everyone know it would be bad for college football, and it has been when looking at it as a whole.

No one could have foreseen us losing three running backs. No one likely thinks Robinson or Saban should have seen that coming. Robinson will eventually run out of eligibility, so finally getting to play will come at a major penalty for a guy that had a high ceiling. He would have been #2 fighting McClellan this season. I know you like looking at the money these guys lose, and Robinson has lost a bunch with what we know he can do and what he is doing. I personally think he saw it as "knowing" Sarkesian and believing he would get the benefit of the doubt when transferring with him. Add that in with what I expect was impatience and you have another lost year for the guy basically. Bijon has another year before he is allowed to go pro, so we'll see what happens there.

In my eyes, it's not 100% Saban's job to want to keep a guy on his roster. There has to be some desire and loyalty from the players as well. Saban can't kiss the ass of every pre-modonna that comes into his program or he'd never get anything done. This ain't high school, these are men (whether society wants to acknowledge that or not) so they need to check their egos at the door and understand the dedication it takes to see the field at a place like Alabama. Where would this program be if everyone jumped ship at the first sign of adversity and didn't wait their turn? Saban is The Man for a reason, not because he tips for each and every player that feels entitled. As far as Robinson only having a few pass plays, he was a Freshman on the same team as Najee Harris and Brian Robinson. He wasn't going to get many opportunities anyways, and he had to know that while being recruited.

All this being said, the person I feel that really has lost an opportunity is Camar Wheaton. He definitely came into a crowded situation and would now have the chance to get time as a Freshman. He can't help getting hurt, but I was excited to sign him and hate that he isn't able to contribute at a time he most likely wasn't even expected to see the field. Would love to see his speed.

Back
Top Bottom