Will Alabama blowout Hawai'i?

• Maybe. It is a home game, so......

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. It will be close.

• No. Bama will lose to the Warriors.

• Total voters
While we are busy counting down I thought we would honor our fine opponents for the 2006 season....Starting with our #1 rival...The Auburn Tigers.

When you see these, you know you've arrived at the campus of Auburn University. The cow is also one of the many mascots at Auburn along with the proud Tiger and the mighty War Eagle.
cowst.jpg

The Grandest College in all of Southeast Alabama.
allprpst.jpg

The Library and Media Center.
pilchukbt.jpg

The New Dorm Blue Prints.
2bayshdt.jpg

:lol: Nice pic.
79 Days until kickoff against Hawai'i.

Number Association:
January 1979- The Alabama Crimson Tide took on the Nittany Lions of Penn State. Paul Bryant and Joe Paterno faced off in what would be one of the greatest games in CFB history. The Tide beat the Lions to a 14-7 win after numerous attempts by PSU to score in the endzone and tie the game up. Barry Krause, on Bama's Defense, blocked the last attempt by PSU, to score, thus saving the game for Bama and winning them the 1978 National Championship. It was their 10th of 12 and Bryant's 4th of six total.

Season 1979- The Alabama Crimson Tide were once again undefeated and National Champions under The Bear in 1979, after beating Arkansas for the title in Jauary of 1980(read previous Number Association post above).

1979 was the end of a decade of decadence, controversial war, triumph, tradgedy, and great victory. The Alabama Crimson Tide won 3 official National Champioships, but are credited by various organizations as having 5(1975, 1977). In their span of games played in the 1970's, the Tide only lost 16, or about 1 and a half games a year(avg.). The most dominant decade ever played by a single program.

1979 NFL- The Pittsburgh Steelers won their 4th SB against the Cowboys in 1979 and was the second of back to back SB wins, 1978-1979. Terry Bradshaw, Franco Harris, and Lynn Swann were three of the most prominent players in Steelers history and were part of this great SB victory.

"I'll take numbers for 1000, Alex."

Alex says, "Answer is the number 79."

"What is the number of Rocky movies that will be made before Sylvester Stallone finally dies from a bad collagen injection??"

Alex says, "Correct!!"

DirtyDave said:

Alex says, "Answer is the number 79."

"What is the number of Rocky movies that will be made before Sylvester Stallone finally dies from a bad collagen injection??"

Alex says, "Correct!!"

That speaks volumes to me..... :D

78 days til kickoff against Hawai'i.

Number Association:
1978 Season was the year Alabama won their 10th National Title against Penn State. The Pittsburgh Steelers won their 3rd SuperBowl in the 1970's and a bunch of other stuff happened.

78: Dirty Dave's new favorite number.

I did 79 and 78 today, because I realized I was a day behind. So, double your fun....I guess..... :D

Alex---->>> "Answer is the number 78."

"What is the year that Keith Richards officially died, but noone told him so we just kind of go along with it??"

Alex--->>> "Correct!!"

Alex---->>> "Answer is 'the number 77.'"

"What is the number of times that Carnell Williams had to take the SAT before getting his name right, therefore qualifying to play at AU??"

Alex--->>> "Correct!!"

Number Association:
1977 Season: The Crimson Tide finished the season with only one loss, as did the Fighting Irish. The Irish were elected National Champions, but the Tide was shutout again, just like 11 years prior in 1966. The NCAA recognizes the 1977 season as one of the 5 unofficial championships season in addition to the 12 official Tide Championships.

countdown.png

Number Association:
1976 was the year of the Bi-Centennial Celebration which signified the 200th aniversary of the establishment of the United States of America and the all important Declaration of Independence first signed on July 4th, 1776 and completed on August 2, 1776.

1976 Season: The Crimson Tide finished the season with a 9-3 record, but not without some memorable victories against Tennessee, Auburn, and UCLA in the Liberty Bowl. The Tide upset the favored Bruins 36-6. Ozzie Newsome and Bob Baumhower each recieved All American Honors in the 1976 Season.

Back
Top Bottom