Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. It will be close.

• No. Bama will lose to the Warriors.

• Total voters

Crimson323

Verified Member
Kickoff is Sept. 2 at Bryant-Denny Stadium against Hawai'i.

Now, how many days is it until kick off? 82 Days I believe, not counting today.

Any input or player pics anyone would like to countdown with?

Since it's 82 Days til kickoff, lets do some history about the number 82 in association with Alabama Football.

1982 Marked the final season of Paul William Bryant's illustrious 25 year career at Alabama. January 26, 1983 The Bear passed away from a heart attack only 25 days after retiring from the sport he grew so passionate about, and even changed the face of forever. He finished his career with 323 wins (his last against Illinois in the Liberty Bowl) only 85 loses, 17 ties, 13 SEC Championships, numerous coaching awards, and six official National Championships.

82dsc_9945_std.jpg

DAYS TILL KICK-OFF

81 Days Until Kickoff!

Number Association
1981 was the year Paul Bryant earned the title: Winningest Head Coach in College Football History, when he surpassed Amos Alonzo Stagg's mark of 314 wins set at Chicago University. On the day he set the record for most wins at 315, the Crimson Tide were playing their arch rival: The Auburn Tigers. On that day, the Alabama Crimson Tide defeated Auburn in front of tens of thousands in the stands by a score of 28-17.

I'll take numbers for 1000, Alex.

Alex, "The answer is 81."

What is the number of mexicans currently standing in line at the express lane at my local Wal-Mart??

Alex, "correct!!"

DirtyDave said:
I'll take numbers for 1000, Alex.

Alex, "The answer is 81."

What is the number of mexicans currently standing in line at the express lane at my local Wal-Mart??

Alex, "correct!!"
Horrible! You are a horrible man Dirty Dave!

No, actually that was quite funny. :lol:

80 days until Kickoff against Hawai'i.

Number Association
January 1980: The Alabama Crimson Tide squared off against future SEC member Arkanas for the National Title. Paul William Bryant had won his first NC in 1961 over the Razorbacks, he won his last in the same fashion. Arkansas, a school that offered him his head coaching job(he declined in Dec. of 1941 to join the Navy after the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor), was on the losing end of the ball in the National Title game. Bama walked away that night with their 11th of 12 National Championships and Bear with his 6th of six.

Season 1980: Was the year of the dog, the Bulldog. Vince Dooley and the Georgia Bulldogs won their first National Championship. Since that time they have been in contention with the likes of Alabama, Auburn, and Tennessee for the top team in the SEC.

"I'll take numbers for 1000, Alex."

Alex says, "Answer is the number 80."

"What is the number of cows currently grazing on the lawn of the library at Auburn University??"

Alex says, "Correct!!"

Back
Top Bottom