| FTBL Odds and ends from practice...including video...

TerryP

Staff
Fanney working at the JACK position joining Williams, Johns and McClain.

Talbert, Crump and Coffee still in no-contact jerseys but working out. Stover, Coger and Mitchell were in black as well. Griffin, however, was out of the black jersey.

Video 1

Just one observation...

If you have watched the last 3 days of practice through these videos you've seen a lot of practice on sweeps and pitch out. If this holds up, it's clear we are looking to take advantage of the speed we have in the backfield and make the corners.

TerryP said:
Just one observation...

If you have watched the last 3 days of practice through these videos you've seen a lot of practice on sweeps and pitch out. If this holds up, it's clear we are looking to take advantage of the speed we have in the backfield and make the corners.

It also indicates that there is some speed on the offensive line as well. Promising news.

I knew Earl Alexander is tall, but he looks huge in pads. I love to see the lineman goin at it also. That always was the part in practice that fired everyone up, looks like it's the same on the next level. :D

Terry how is Goode looking? Is Upchurch still the leader this spring? I'm assuming thats because of Coffee nursing his injury.

musso said:
BamaFan19 said:
Funny how Maze and Prothro are about the same height and the same #. Coincidence, I think not! :wink:

if it's not a coincidence then what is it? a Prothro clone? :lol:

Exactly! ((Que 6 Million Dollar Man theme song here)) ...In the year 2008 Alabama head football coach Nick Saban has an epiphamy while dining at Krystals. ((more music))

One player!
Numero Quatro!
Soft hands!
Has an ESPY!

Saban knows what he has to do.....Saban has to rebuild him and make him better. The ultimate weapon is born. ((que music))

It's gonna be a long off-season isn't it. :?

Tider27 said:
I knew Earl Alexander is tall, but he looks huge in pads. I love to see the lineman goin at it also. That always was the part in practice that fired everyone up, looks like it's the same on the next level. :D

Terry how is Goode looking? Is Upchurch still the leader this spring? I'm assuming thats because of Coffee nursing his injury.

Goode will be in the mix but it's really too early to answer either question because they haven't been in any tackling situations as of yet. It's say it a 1A and 1B with Upchurch and Grant followed by Goode.

IMO, the RB position is where the most competition is this spring.

TerryP said:
Tider27 said:

Goode will be in the mix but it's really too early to answer either question because they haven't been in any tackling situations as of yet. It's say it a 1A and 1B with Upchurch and Grant followed by Goode.

Competittion for depth is always the best competition.

Hate to ask so many questions, but what about Jaun Garnier. It looked like he dominated Vlachos and hes lost a lot of weight. Just wanted to know if you heard anything positive on him or if he'll challenge Washington for the Nose.

Tider27 said:
TerryP said:
Tider27 said:

Competittion for depth is always the best competition.

Hate to ask so many questions, but what about Jaun Garnier. It looked like he dominated Vlachos and hes lost a lot of weight. Just wanted to know if you heard anything positive on him or if he'll challenge Washington for the Nose.

I haven't asked anything about Garnier, haven't really thought about him to be honest.

reger60 said:
TerryP said:
Just one observation...

It also indicates that there is some speed on the offensive line as well. Promising news.

Along those lines it also means we are alot closer to having a solid Right Tackle, something we haven't had for several years.

shipley00 said:
reger60 said:
TerryP said:
Just one observation...

Along those lines it also means we are alot closer to having a solid Right Tackle, something we haven't had for several years.

If Mike Johnson hadn't spent a good portion of last season banged up we would have had better results in that position.

It'll be interesting to see who comes out on the depth chart at the end of fall camp at that position; Pharr or Davis. Personally, I really like the idea of our left side of the line having Smith, Johnson, and then Caldwell at center.

Back
Top Bottom