| MBB/WBB Oats reviews the 3 game slide, previews Eastern Kentucky...

He sounds really tired, or discouraged, or???? Not very inspirational. Tough job.
I imagine they are all tired: the coach, the staff, and the players. "Three game slide" against three top ten teams where 95% of the teams in college basketball would have the same record. I hoped they'd grab one of the three, would have loved to see them grab two, but going 0-3? I don't find it unsettling.

I imagine they are all tired: the coach, the staff, and the players. "Three game slide" against three top ten teams where 95% of the teams in college basketball would have the same record. I hoped they'd grab one of the three, would have loved to see them grab two, but going 0-3? I don't find it unsettling.
Agree, in one of the threads I had said they would do well to win one of those games. That was based on what the team had shown defensively and their inside game. I think both of those areas improved during this stretch which is what you hopded for. Oats has plenty of material to show the team if you do not defend at a high level in his offense when the shots are not dropping you will not win against quality teams. He had been saying it but now it is reinforced with the results on the court.

With the inside guys, the Wague kid is getting better. Pringle has played better. Both have to improve defending w/o fowling. Likely going to a weak link for the team all year but it does not mean it can't be better.

I am typing this watching a replay of the game yesterday since I missed the game live. Obviously they had a much better shooting game but the level of Defense on the perimieter they were facing was much less than what they have played against.

Back
Top Bottom