| FTBL Notre Dame vs. Alabama?

Shooter

I would love to see this.

Quote:

Last summer Alabama head coach Nick Saban created a little buzz when he told local reporters that he would love to get the Fighting Irish on the schedule of the Crimson Tide. The notion was dismissed a few days later, but the idea of the two college football giants meeting on the field for the first time since 1987 hasn’t died and should an agreement to play materialize, the real winners will be the fans of both schools.

Link:

http://www.uhnd.com/articles/2008/football/notre-dame-vs-alabama-make-it-happen/#more-743

Good article. I think everyone in the nation wants a chance to beat up on Notre Dame because they are the NCAA's sweetheart and they are down right now. But a home-and-away with them would be awesome...two classic schools. I'm sure it would create a national buzz.

A home and home series would be sweet!! While I despise ND like the rest of you...I have always wanted to go South Bend for a game. Actually there are several venues I want to go and see. I think I'll start a new thread.

I would love to get the Irish back on the schedule again, especially with all of the top recruiting classes we are getting know and as long as Weis is at N.D. I feel like they won't be as good as they use to be.

Has anyone heard about maybe opening up with Virginia Tech next year in Atlanta?

Shooter said:
I would love to see this.

Quote:

Last summer Alabama head coach Nick Saban created a little buzz when he told local reporters that he would love to get the Fighting Irish on the schedule of the Crimson Tide. The notion was dismissed a few days later, but the idea of the two college football giants meeting on the field for the first time since 1987 hasn’t died and should an agreement to play materialize, the real winners will be the fans of both schools.

Link:

http://www.uhnd.com/articles/2008/football/notre-dame-vs-alabama-make-it-happen/#more-743

I would love to see it.

I'd also love to see us play the Texas Longhorns. We've never beaten those guys. The best we could do was to tie them in the Bluebonnet Bowl.

bamabarney said:
I would love to get the Irish back on the schedule again, especially with all of the top recruiting classes we are getting know and as long as Weis is at N.D. I feel like they won't be as good as they use to be.

Has anyone heard about maybe opening up with Virginia Tech next year in Atlanta?

VT already has 12 games scheduled for '09.

I am hopeful this can happen even at two pro venues in Indy and ATL (even though it would be much cooler at the University stadiums). I am just glad it is during a time that our program is on the upswing and we are becoming relevant again. I would have hated watching it last year and having to listen to the announcers expunge on how the programs have fallen. The time is right now. We are on the rise and what a better way to show the county than by running rough shot over Notre Dame. Bring'em on.

Many here recall the days when Alabama clashed with Notre Dame.....The 73 game was the finest Sugar Bowl in history....& yes Alabama has a legitimate claim on the 1973 national title.

N.D. was huge at that time though :shock:

Back
Top Bottom