| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ No. 4/4 Alabama Dominates Second Half in 84-69 Victory at No. 15/16 Arkansas

Those three threes were daggers. Man, that was great. We don't allow phones at the dinner table, but I made an exception simply becUse it was a late dinner, and I gave three big fist pumps that scared my wife as she thought something was wrong.

Great way to close the game. These young guns have no fear.... Bama has enough weapons that no matter what the other team throws at them eventually someone is going to break through. With Miller it just seems like he just needs make his mind up and he can to take over at will. He was great in the 2nd half.

So much for my progostication saying the team would be 2-2 at this point. I did not see 4-0 coming but it is great to see. Winning a road on the road like this takes some doing.... Roll Tide!!!!!

Huge win, I had this one penciled in as an L when SEC play began. Free throws were an issue early, but 2nd half they were money (14-17). Arky took Miller out of the plan and Bama didn't adjust well until the half, but he stepped up late. Turning point of the night... with about 3:40 to play, the Hogs had just erased Bama's big lead and Oats called that TO. Bama hit 3 three's in less than a minute and never looked back. Sears and Clowney (+25) were huge as usual. Bama with 24 fast break points.

Up next: LSU back at home on Saturday...

Chris Stewart's line of the night: [in the closing seconds when Black fouled Sears] "I haven't seen a man this mad since a guy picked up a rock and threw it through a window in downtown Mayberry!"

Don’t know if it’s been said, but this announcing team sucks & is very pro -Arkansas

Was supposed to be Karl Ravich on the PxP but the airline travel issues kept him for getting there so Razorback Jimmy Dykes filled in. I'm not fan of Jay Bilas, but thought he did a good job overall when I didn't have the Bama radio crew turned up over them.

Huge win, I had this one penciled in as an L when SEC play began. Free throws were an issue early, but 2nd half they were money (14-17). Arky took Miller out of the plan and Bama didn't adjust well until the half, but he stepped up late. Turning point of the night... with about 3:40 to play, the Hogs had just erased Bama's big lead and Oats called that TO. Bama hit 3 three's in less than a minute and never looked back. Sears and Clowney (+25) were huge as usual. Bama with 24 fast break points.

Up next: LSU back at home on Saturday...

Chris Stewart's line of the night: [in the closing seconds when Black fouled Sears] "I haven't seen a man this mad since a guy picked up a rock and threw it through a window in downtown Mayberry!"
I was thinking Coach Curry office window!

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The No. 4/4 Alabama men's basketball team outscored No. 15/16 Arkansas by 15 points over the final 20 minutes of play to secure an impressive 84-69 road win in front of a sold-out crowd inside Bud Walton Arena Wednesday night. With the win, the Crimson Tide improves 14-2 on the year and 4-0 in the SEC, marking just the second time since 1987 that UA has won its first four games in league play (2021).

The Crimson Tide shot 53.6 percent (15-of-28) from the field, 70.0 percent (7-of-10) from three-point range and 82.4 percent (14-of-17) from the free throw line in the second half to secure the team's fifth straight victory.

Guard Mark Sears led the way as he scored a season-high 26 points including hitting a perfect 10-of-10 from the charity stripe. Brandon Miller scored all 14 of his points in the second half while Noah Clowney added 15 points and five boards in the win.

After an opening stanza that featured a back-and-forth affair, the two teams went into intermission knotted at 33-33. With Alabama clinging to a 65-63 lead, three consecutive three-pointers – one from Clowney and two from Miller – led to an 11-0 run to help UA take a commanding 76-63 lead with 2:38 left to play.

Arkansas (12-4, 1-3) was led by Davonte Davis and Jalen Graham's 16 points apiece, while Ricky Council IV added 15 in the loss.

Head Coach Nate Oats Postgame Comments​

"That was a tough road win. Our guys showed they've got some toughness, character and some grit. They can handle some runs and still stay in there. After we beat Houston at Houston, I think our guys had some confidence that they can win anywhere. I think we snapped a 17-game home winning streak and it has maybe been 30 years since they lost to a ranked team as a ranked team, so there are a lot of things that hadn't been done in this building for a while and our guys did well. They (Arkansas) did a really good job on Brandon Miller for most of the game but he shook loose right at the right time. I think he has grown up a lot. If they are just going to lock on him then there is more space on the floor for everyone else and we were able to take advantage of that. I thought our depth really helped us; both teams got in foul trouble and then I thought we had more. Jahvon Quinerly got his third (foul) in the first half and I thought we had more point guard play with (Mark) Sears and (Jaden) Bradley being able to play a little bit. I couldn't be more proud of our guys and they continue to get better every game. We just got to continue to get better every game and stay in this hunt for the SEC Championship."

Team Stats​

• Alabama improved to 5-2 against top-25 foes this season, with three of those ranked wins coming in true road contests (at then-No. 1 Houston, at then-No. 21 Mississippi State)
  • The Tide scored 19 of the game's final 25 points to secure the victory
  • With the win, Alabama snapped Arkansas' 17-game home winning streak
  • Arkansas finished with two more turnovers in the contest (Arkansas 15, Alabama 13), however, Alabama owned a big 24-7 edge in points off turnovers
  • The Crimson Tide had a 24-4 edge in fast break points

First Half​

• Both teams combined for 13 turnovers (Alabama 6, Arkansas 7) in the first 20 minutes of action
  • Alabama's Mark Sears led all scorers with 12 points
  • The Tide shot 58 percent (11-of-19) from the free throw line while Arkansas was 61 percent (11-of-18) from the charity stripe
  • The teams combined for 28 total fouls in the opening stanza, as Arkansas committed 13 fouls and the Tide recorded 15
  • Alabama scored 10 fast break points

Second Half​

• Noah Clowney caught fire at the beginning of the second half, scoring nine points in the first eight minutes of action
  • Sears (eight points) and Clowney (nine points) combined to score 17 of Alabama's first 27 points in the second half
  • Thanks to the duo, the Tide earned its first double-digit lead at 62-50 with 9:14 left in the game
  • The Razorbacks responded with a 7-0 run to get back into the game (65-63) with 4:54 left in the game
  • Charles Bediako and Sears combined to score the final 10 points to secure the win

Up Next​

• Alabama will return home to face LSU on Jan. 14 at Coleman Coliseum
  • The contest will tipoff at 3 p.m. CT and air live on ESPN

Back
Top Bottom