| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ No. 2/2 Alabama Slips Past South Carolina in Overtime, 78-76

Played poorly but won. The people around Miller just did not play up to their ability. Fortunate to win this one. Gotta get some time away and get their minds clear and get refocused. This story is not going away so they are going to have to try and focus with a lot of noise.

This team was not prepared to play this game. They thought a team 3-11 in SEC games was going to be a walk over. That’s coaching.

Had a very bad feeling about the game when I heard Oats say pregame on the radio that (paraphrasing) if we both play our best, we're the better team.... and Carolina was a poor defensive team and Alabama can make them pay there since we are so good on offense...

He didn't mean it like it came off, but that attitude trickled down to the team. He's said similar before against inferior opponents, then gone out and lost. It isn't HS anymore where talent discrepancies can be far and wide. Winning league games is hard and isn't done on paper. My biggest gripe with him is he still doesn't seem to understand that.

It was a rough night shooting. Carolina couldn't seemingly miss.

Been a long time since I've seen such a shitty team make so many difficult shots in a single game. It was Gonzaga 2.0, but without Gonzaga players. Bama's poor defense helped some, but still...

Glad you and your boy got to see a win and that performance by #24 though.

Been a long time since I've seen such a shitty team make so many difficult shots in a single game. It was Gonzaga 2.0, but without Gonzaga players. Bama's poor defense helped some, but still...

Glad you and your boy got to see a win and that performance by #24 though.

Thanks man, it was up and down all night. As much crap and nasty stuff their students said about Miller during the game, they couldn't help admire him and his game when complimenting him to each other. We really enjoyed ourselves and got our money's worth. Roll Tide.

Last night, we found a way to win when we were not playing at our best on the offensive end with the exception of Miller. Last night was a hard fought win that we needed on the road in a hostile environment. Hopefully, this will help come tournament time.

I thought our play by our freshmen guards looked like freshman a lot of the night. We forced too many passes and had too many turnovers. That has to be cleaned up and can be.

Is it just me, or did it look like Clowney had a knee buckle/misstep/something in the last couple of minutes, and then seemed to favor one leg for a little bit? Any injuries reported from the game?

Is it just me, or did it look like Clowney had a knee buckle/misstep/something in the last couple of minutes, and then seemed to favor one leg for a little bit? Any injuries reported from the game?
I noticed that as well. Wasn’t sure if it was a buckle or if he knocked knees with someone. Either way, that shit hurts!! We need Clowney and his game to complete this run.

Last night, we found a way to win when we were not playing at our best on the offensive end with the exception of Miller. Last night was a hard fought win that we needed on the road in a hostile environment. Hopefully, this will help come tournament time.

I thought our play by our freshmen guards looked like freshman a lot of the night. We forced too many passes and had too many turnovers. That has to be cleaned up and can be.
Other than Miller, Bama’s freshman guards have got to show more consistency. It seems to me experienced guard play in tournaments is vital. If something were to happen and Bama has to play without Miller how far can Bama go? He’s the only Bama player I’ve seen who can truly carry the team on his back. On the court, it’s hard to believe he’s still a teenager. Off the court, it’s extremely easy to believe.

I'd say second round would be the limit.

If we can get into transition we can make a deep run. We let South Carolina take us out of our game, so we were forced to go down low. Bad hands from Bediako and Clowney, and shooting killed us. If we play like we did against South Carolina and Tennessee, we will be out early like you stated. All that being said, South Carolina shot lights out compared to us not shooting well at all outside of Miller. Those last two baskets he made at the end of regulation and in overtime he blew past his guy both times and went high off the glass and it looked so easy compared to how tough of a game it was for us. Also think, that half court three pointer at halftime was the difference in a regulation win.

Back
Top Bottom