| FTBL Nick Saban: “I’ve got a lot of years left doing this” .................... Every College Football Fan:

I heard him on College Football Live say something really close.
Said he felt great
Said ..after being boss he didn't want to work for someone
Said...he didn't want to sit around
Said...loved what he was doing and planned to keep working in football or in a business
Awesome to hear!!!!!!!!

If coach is in no hurry, I'm not either. There isn't a head coach out there that can do his job, his way, with his success. And when he decides it's over, so is our dynasty. Let the good times Roll.............................. Tide!!!

And when he decides it's over, so is our dynasty.
It doesn’t have to be....may well be....but....
Perkins was a good fit......tough...incharge...no nonsense.....smart....offense minded...great recruiter.......
Buttttttttt...he just took pride in pissing people off ( it appeared but i dont know that)... Tampa nfl owner and perk were friends..... and perk admitted he didnt love recruiting.... same thing happened to Nick and Miami owner.... except nick loves recruiting.... Perk would have been great success at Bama.... eventually

It doesn’t have to be....may well be....but....
Perkins was a good fit......tough...incharge...no nonsense.....smart....offense minded...great recruiter.......
Buttttttttt...he just took pride in pissing people off ( it appeared but i dont know that)... Tampa nfl owner and perk were friends..... and perk admitted he didnt love recruiting.... same thing happened to Nick and Miami owner.... except nick loves recruiting.... Perk would have been great success at Bama.... eventually

Would be interesting to see who really belong on the shortlist of football dynasties. Coach Bryant and Saban certainly, maybe the last few years of Osborn's Nebraska team. Miami comes to mind, but did they really have a dynasty with only one HC, to begin with? That was the oddest, most unlikely of dynasties. It almost ran itself off of the pure talent that was streaming into the Hurricane program.

I'm tempted to include only teams after the 40s to consider "modern-day records. But it's probably not fair in describing dynasties. Minnesota under Bernie Bierman won 5 NCs in 9 years (1934-1941). That was a legit dynasty. Frank Leahy of Notre dame own 4 NCs in 7 years (1943-49). That was a legit dynasty. The dynasty level Bama fans are accustom to doesn't surround itself like the football accomplishments of a Barry Switzer, Tom Osborn, Urban Meyer, Bud Wilkerson, Darryl Royal, Ara Parseghian, etc.

Feels like, and that's all it is, it feels like in modern-day football that Woody Haye's Ohio State team winning 5 NCs is as close as it gets to our 2 coaches at Bama. He was apart of a legit dynasty. I would throw in a John McKay of USC fame with 4 NCs as a legit dynasty. I guess I'm going for one HC with at least 4 NCs. Maybe too much snobbery on my part.

I just don't think the next guy has a prayer of coming close to our 2 Alabama head coaches. I mean, statistically speaking, who has ever had one Alabama-like dynasty in modern time, much less two? Agree or not, we have been truly gifted with college football.

Back
Top Bottom