| FTBL New Year Next Year!

If Milroe is the quarterback next season, you’d think we would be forced into a more RPO heavy offense. He doesn’t strike me as a sit in the pocket and pick you apart kind of dude. With his speed, the RPO suits him (I think)

Milroe is a good dude, the type Bama needs on the team... well respected, coachable, etc... So I want to carefully word this so that it doesn't seem I'm taking a shot at him, because I'm not. But, it is very highly unlikely that he will be the starting QB going into '23. When O'Brien arrived, he compared Milroe's skill set to Lamar Jackson... unfortunately (and not for reasons that are all Milroe's fault), his progression leveled out well below that high ceiling. Doesn't mean he can't improve and become a really good QB, I think he can (and hope he does), but the path to starter at UA for him is a very narrow one at this point.

Milroe is a good dude, the type Bama needs on the team... well respected, coachable, etc... So I want to carefully word this so that it doesn't seem I'm taking a shot at him, because I'm not. But, it is very highly unlikely that he will be the starting QB going into '23. When O'Brien arrived, he compared Milroe's skill set to Lamar Jackson... unfortunately (and not for reasons that are all Milroe's fault), his progression leveled out well below that high ceiling. Doesn't mean he can't improve and become a really good QB, I think he can (and hope he does), but the path to starter at UA for him is a very narrow one at this point.
Milroe needs a true QB coach to work on a lot of his fundamentals. Super arm, no idea how to control it. Reading coverages is another.

He kind of reminds of Hurts lite

Reminds me of Hurts, too. Jalen has developed into a QB that can read defenses and anticipate his throws. Took going pro to really get there. A new QB coach for Milroe is probably a great idea.

Back
Top Bottom