| MBB/WBB NC State has sent their response to the NCAA's Infraction committee on the basketball scandal. It's a head scratcher, folks, baffling at best.

TerryP

Staff
Jeff Goodman tweeted NC State's response last night.

ELYP5PuWoAExwet

Here's where I get really confused. I'll admit, my first thought goes along the lines of "are they really that stupid?" Perhaps.

Now, I took a few minutes to read over what their response included and was amused that one stance they took was "look, there's a case with Nike and Kentucky." It reminds me of a segment of LSU fans and what we've heard about Wade, "look, everyone else is doing it."

The baffling part? NC State is arguing here that there's no evidence. They are stating the NCAA has no reason to believe that Gassnola paid the player/family 40K to ensure that he signed with the Wolfpack.

Where did the story of the 40K, Gassnola, and NC State come from? Testimony, in federal court, from Gassnola himself stating all the above: the 40K, paid to Smith and his family, so he'd attend NC State.

How much of this makes sense to you? The NCAA has been fed a series of lies or, perhaps, the guy is telling the truth when he testified, under oath, that he'd indeed been involved?

Here's a brief AP report on the case as it stands today.

Back
Top Bottom