| FTBL NATION press seeing things our way

G

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/sec/0-2-215/Alabama-relishing-the-underdog-role.html

"What they want is a 13th national championship ring."

Chris Low of ESPN finishes this piece by acknowledging that we are after our 13th National Title.

(soap box warning)
I get sick of press just pulling some number out of their butt because they want to cite NCs. If they are going to open that can of worms they need to cite what the school claims or be specific as to who rankings they are including. I hate weak and shallow journalism.

LBS said:

Chris Low of ESPN finishes this piece by acknowledging that we are after our 13th National Title.

(soap box warning)
I get sick of press just pulling some number out of their butt because they want to cite NCs. If they are going to open that can of worms they need to cite what the school claims or be specific as to who rankings they are including. I hate weak and shallow journalism.

I'll step on your soapbox now that you are off...

When Chris Low starting writing for ESPN covering the SEC this year I was very, very skeptical. It wasn't an off-the-cuff reaction, it was skepticism based on what he had written over the past decade for the Tennessean.

September 2nd of this year:

COACH

Nick Saban, Alabama: Who says coaching is overrated? Obviously, that person hasn't seen much of this Alabama team. Saban has the Crimson Tide focused, playing as a team, playing physically and buying in totally to what he's preaching. Just ask Clemson.

That's when he started catching my eye.

I had noticed he'd been fair with his comments before Clemson, addressed concerns that I even shared, but wasn't overly pessimistic about his views about our team.

That said, it's not easy for me to dismiss 10 years of writing based on just this one season. But, I have to give him his due...he's been fair.

TerryP said:
LBS said:

(soap box warning)

I'll step on your soapbox now that you are off...

When Chris Low starting writing for ESPN covering the SEC this year I was very, very skeptical. It wasn't an off-the-cuff reaction, it was skepticism based on what he had written over the past decade for the Tennessean.

September 2nd of this year:

COACH

Nick Saban, Alabama: Who says coaching is overrated? Obviously, that person hasn't seen much of this Alabama team. Saban has the Crimson Tide focused, playing as a team, playing physically and buying in totally to what he's preaching. Just ask Clemson.

That's when he started catching my eye.

I had noticed he'd been fair with his comments before Clemson, addressed concerns that I even shared, but wasn't overly pessimistic about his views about our team.

That said, it's not easy for me to dismiss 10 years of writing based on just this one season. But, I have to give him his due...he's been fair.

Being a native Tennesseean I have always liked his take on thins,although I hardly ever agreed with him...I will say this..hes like the rest of them in that he will change his opinion on a wim....

That is the problem with press in general......they chose sides.

There are VERY few people out there who claim to be journalists who actually are. Most of them are commentators...not reporters.

Still I like most of what he has written this year.

ORANGEADDICT said:
Being a native Tennesseean I have always liked his take on thins,although I hardly ever agreed with him...I will say this..hes like the rest of them in that he will change his opinion on a wim....

I can't say that shocks me considering he was the UT Beat writer and was very pro-Tennessee in what he published.

LBS said:

(soap box warning)

They still like to say we have "6" most of the time. :roll:

I was watching the games on Friday and noticed that Pitt claims 9 and wondered how anyone can say we have 6 if Pitt claims 9. Also, if you look at Michigan's scoreboard, they claim about 32.

TerryP said:
ORANGEADDICT said:

I can't say that shocks me considering he was the UT Beat writer and was very pro-Tennessee in what he published.

He aint no Finninbaum!!!!!lol

Back
Top Bottom