| CURRENT EVENTS NASA says two astronauts will be stuck in space until February 2025

Nasa has decided that the two astronauts currently stuck on the International Space Station will return next February on a SpaceX-crewed Dragon flight where two seats have been made available for Sunita “Suni” Williams and Barry “Butch” Wilmore.

Space agency officials said there was “too much uncertainty” for the astronauts to return on the craft that brought them to the space station, Boeing’s Starliner, which has had problems after the capsule sprang small leaks and some of its thrusters failed.

The announcement comes after an “agency-level review” on Saturday that included Bill Nelson, the agency administrator.

“Nasa has decided that Butch and Suni will return with [SpaceX’s] Crew-9 next February, and that Starliner will return uncrewed,” Nelson said in a press conference on Saturday.

Sadly, aerospace has been hijacked by finance type CEOs... unimaginative jack asses who only think in the short term.

Boeing used to be a company ran by engineers. After they merged with McDonnell Douglas, they started implementing business decisions that prioritized the balance sheet and income statement rather than the quality of the material they were producing.
Like Space X?

*me looking at myself in the mirror thinking I used to work for Lockheed Martin, and other sw companies.... * I dont' think you realize how hard it is to find real good engineers....
I’m saying that DEI is causing the good people to be overlooked because of “checking boxes”.. When my family goes on a plane or a soldier/sailor/marine goes to battle..I want the Best engineer or employee building the equipment…I assume you are “one of those best” since you have been there a long time..But these new hiring practices don’t ensure that anymore..Don’t blame me for feeling that way… The news media has been reporting it to the masses..

Back
Top Bottom