| FTBL Mrs Saban

c5vetman

I don't know if this is true or not, but I got this in an email today. Supposedly this is from a Million Dollar Band member. She sounds like a really nice lady and very supportive of Alabama!

Mrs. Saban came and spoke to the band today and wanted to thank us for all
> that we do. She talked to us for about 10-15 minutes and was very
> energetic.
> She told us a little about her and told us some stories of how her and
> Coach
> Saban met and how she has always loved the band wherever they have been.
> She
> said when she got to Jacksonville, she was hoping that we would be there.
>
> The best part of it for me was that she was actually telling the band
> director what she wanted to hear from the band. It was really entertaining
> cause she would sing and do cheers and stuff in front of us all and
> explained how she wants us to come up with a 3rd down cheer when we are on
> defense that would let everyone know to get loud and that the team needed
> us. She even sang out how she would like for us to play the intro to the
> fight song and then lead into rammer jammer. And she said she knew about
> the
> controversy surrounding rammer jammer but said that she loved it and that
> it
> was tradition and wished that we would incorporate it into other cheers
> and
> play it throughout the games.
>
> She is truly a great first lady of Alabama Football. She explained that
> she
> and Coach Saban knew that returning Alabama to greatness would not happen
> overnight. She said they knew there would be bumps in the road and that
> there has been. She also said that she ABSOLUTELY knows that we are headed
> in the right direction and will get there and she said it is all about
> "THE
> PROCESS". She said her favorite sign when College Gameday came to town was
> the one that said..."FEAR THE PROCESS" because it is absolutely right.
>
> It was great to have her come to band today and take the time to talk to
> us.
> ROLL TIDE!!!

This is actually news to me :lol: She probably did come over to see us and talked to us, but I have a class conflict on Tursday and Thursday where I miss the first hour of band. If she was there, I'm very upset I missed her. I'll find out and let y'all know later.

As far as cheers go, we don't really have official down cheers except one that we call "the first down cheer." It's the Superman theme. I'm sure she got the idea from LSU's band because they have a certain cheer for a certain down. There 4th down cheer is awesome when they start playing the whole stadium starts bowing.

It would be cool to see if we do start putting in at least a 4th down cheer, but we pride ourselves in playing alot of different football cheers instead of just using 4-5.

MDBtrumpet04 said:
This is actually news to me :lol: She probably did come over to see us and talked to us, but I have a class conflict on Tursday and Thursday where I miss the first hour of band. If she was there, I'm very upset I missed her. I'll find out and let y'all know later.

As far as cheers go, we don't really have official down cheers except one that we call "the first down cheer." It's the Superman theme. I'm sure she got the idea from LSU's band because they have a certain cheer for a certain down. There 4th down cheer is awesome when they start playing the whole stadium starts bowing.

It would be cool to see if we do start putting in at least a 4th down cheer, but we pride ourselves in playing alot of different football cheers instead of just using 4-5.

I agree that the 4th down cheer sounds like a great idea. BTW I've been meaning to tell you that you guys sound GREAT this year. Of course, I was raised by hillbillies, so I'm really loving the fiddle, but the entire performance has been really entertaining.

Wiseace615 said:
MDBtrumpet04 said:

I agree that the 4th down cheer sounds like a great idea. BTW I've been meaning to tell you that you guys sound GREAT this year. Of course, I was raised by hillbillies, so I'm really loving the fiddle, but the entire performance has been really entertaining.

Thank you Wiseace615 for the support. No fiddle player for this halftime show but I think people will still enjoy the songs.

Back
Top Bottom